Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Convoy to WCSS9 from Portland?

Just looking to see if anyone has set a time on Friday to head up, and a place to leave from... near Portland.

If not, any takers on...

Leaving the Oregon City/Clackamas area on I-205 between 12:00-14:00 on Friday afternoon?

I currently have 3 icon9.gif people going from my work, and we're "planning" to leave sometime in that window.

I had planned on using Motorola FRS radios to communicate through the trip as well.

Any y'all done this before? advice taken w/o insult. :-\ Any thoughts on Jhonny Law's feelings towards a large group of cars (should we get many more) going the same speed, common destination, ect?

Thanks, Lewis

Done a large drive before... just keep it near the speed limit and you dont get too much attention. Its 70 in WA, so keep in 75 or less and you are likely going to be fine. I doubt I can make a convoy, in the 70% chance I will make it, it will be after work and I dont know when I will be off that day.

I would guess there is a group coming up from cali, however, I have not connected with anyone yet.

It would be sweet to hook up with "them" and finish the drive up, if they are going through here at that time, so.....

From what I hear, they won't be letting any one in untill 17:00, so we may leave closer to 14:00, as it should be under three hours to get there from the south end of I-205.

Anybody have a CB they are using for the trip?

Motorola TALKABOUT FRS radios?

Lewis

My buddy and I are leaving about 13:00. I'm not sure if you have a common place in the Clackamas area you want to meet, but I live right off of I-205. Let’s pick a place and exact time that everyone can meet up and we'll all leave at the same time. Something like 13:00 at the copper penny (se 92nd and foster) there's an on/off ramp right there.

Just an idea. Keep me posted.

I would guess that the copper penny might be too crowded of an area... perhaps a jump up the highway to mall 205? The parking is more plentiful, and there is food close at hand (taco bell, BK, McD, and a few others I fail to remember at this time). Plus a gas station/mini-mart are around the corner.

How 'bout the NW corner of the parking lot nearest the intersection of 96th Ave/Washington St.?

For those out of towners....

Take I-205 (N or S),

EXIT at Stark St./Washington St.,

head EAST on Washington St.,

take RIGHT LANE A.S.A.P...

RIGHT turn on 96th Ave. (about 1 block east of I-205)

first LEFT into parking lot.

Leave from that area by 2:00? (they won't be letting anybody in until 5:00, maybe later.)

It is about 130 miles from Mall 205.

That should be between 2 and 2.5 hours, is that comfortable enough timing for everyone?

If this is agreeable, see you there. If not, lets get some more ideas coming in, quick!

Any Californians, southern Oregonians coming through at that time???

BTW: my group will be on Motorola Talkabout FRS channel 4, sub channel 5.

PM me for contact phone number if you wish...

Lewis

My buddy and I are leaving about 13:00. I'm not sure if you have a common place in the Clackamas area you want to meet, but I live right off of I-205. Let’s pick a place and exact time that everyone can meet up and we'll all leave at the same time. Something like 13:00 at the copper penny (se 92nd and foster) there's an on/off ramp right there.

Just an idea. Keep me posted.

The copper penny ? THat is the WT dive of dives since the 80's folks get tires slashed there and all sorts of low lifes...!!!:eek: Stick with the home depot!

The copper penny ? THat is the WT dive of dives since the 80's folks get tires slashed there and all sorts of low lifes...!!!:eek: Stick with the home depot!

ah yes, and some one got shot at the phone booth right outside there a couple of months ago. Man I love my neighborhood.

I'm down with the mall 205 thing. See you guys there.

I'm working friday, so won't be anywhere close to being able to leave until like 6:30... and that's probably too late for catching much of the fun... was probably going to leave early saturday... just depends on how much time I can con the woman out of...

--Spiffy

Hmmm, convoy... The Terdcel can only do 60 mph, so I'll be at the back.

Hooter's at Mall 205 would be better, unless you find wings n' breasts too WT. :)

I know I don't.

and take that photo of my car off of you name. TuRD

Well, due to response, we may have to meet at the HOOTERS @ MALL 205....

Any votes for HOOTERS?

Meet for lunch at 1:00? (we can't meet there and not go in and at least get something to eat, but then again, who actually goes for the food?):lol:

Leave at 2:00?:clap:

Lewis

Done a large drive before... just keep it near the speed limit and you dont get too much attention.

Large convoy...really...? Last year we had 95...yes that's 95!!! subaru's cruise from Alki beach , Wa to Mt.Rainier...that's a large convoy! :eek::grin:

UH, don't think we're gonna make those numbers with this trip, guess we'll have to call it "small" then...

HOOTERS still a "go" for everyone? See ya at 1:00 pm friday!!

Lewis

UH, don't think we're gonna make those numbers with this trip, guess we'll have to call it "small" then...

HOOTERS still a "go" for everyone? See ya at 1:00 pm friday!!

Lewis

We will try and meet you guys there. But it's up to the rest of my group. :confused: