Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 4 door sedan questions

I know Subaru made them. Anyone see/ know of any left in the States? Anyone have pics of any? All I ever see are the Wagons (and Brats and the occasional Coupes) in my neck of the woods (and here on the board). I'd like to eventually find one but have yet to see any except for in Subaru ads. Anyone have any info on them? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey thanks for the love connie. :) I gotta load up the pics i took of both of them side by side. Probably wont get to them for awhile though.

No problem Steve...I tell it like I see you..OH..I got 2 coils for you to try ..I hope to get them shipped out tomorrow but we kinda had a septic disaster happen tonight and who knows when they will be coming tomorrow to try and fix it.( one of the down falls of home ownership)

Here is a pic of what was mine but is now moosens EA81 super low mileage coupe..since you said you have only seen wagons: Dont mind the crazy lady in the middle ..thats just me and the white wagon in my Loyale

IMG_0003-1.jpg

ive been under mine for the last 2 days swapping from 2wd to 4wd and prepping for the rotary to go in. :)

isaac

ps. sedan and wagon floorpans are spot on, all ea81 floorpans(minus the brat) are nearly identical. 2wd is the most common but i have seen a few with 4wd stock

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping one day to get one for myself.

Hatchsub- What are the differences between them and any other EA81 (primarily drivetrain wise)?

Anyone know of any in 4WD or are they all 2WD?

No difference at all. They were availible in 4wd's. I've never seen a factory manual one in person however...

No difference at all. They were availible in 4wd's. I've never seen a factory manual one in person however...

There is a reason for that. They didnt come in manual. I never understood that. To get a 4wd sedan it had to be an auto. The same goes for 4wd coupes (not sure but pretty sure that only turbo coupes came 4wd).

There is a reason for that. They didnt come in manual. I never understood that. To get a 4wd sedan it had to be an auto. The same goes for 4wd coupes (not sure but pretty sure that only turbo coupes came 4wd).

Talk about no fun!! Guess if and when I get one I know one of the first mods- MANUAL transmission:grin: