Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Part of the emergency brake assembly came apart while driving and tore up all the linkage inside the drum. I can't seem to find replacement parts other than from the dealer. Any suggenstions where I can get new e-brake shoes and some or all of the hardware for a good price?

Also is the '99 outback e-brake the same for legacy, forrester, etc?

Thanks for you help. I need all that I can get.

James

A salvage yard could be the way to go if you don't want to buy new from a dealer. Though if you get it from a Subaru dealer who sells parts online it will probably be less than your local dealer.

I just had to do this job on '00obw. subarupartsforyou.com sent me the parking brake kit (includes shoes for both sides and clip to hook to parking brake cable, about $65 I think). The springs, cups, and hold down pins I think were about $60 for both sides. The adjusters were more than I expected, I think almost $15 each, so if you can reuse your adjusters that might save some $.

I still have all the old parts from my '00obw (not sure if that would fit your '99 outback). If you're really in a jam I could probably ship it to you, but the springs and cups and stuff are in pretty bad shape.

Here's the diagram I used to order the rear parking brake parts for '00obw:

post-19886-136027623104_thumb.gif