Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Now I'm just waiting for a third picture with someone holding a checkered flag saying GO!

Wonder who'd win?:confused:

:lol::lol::lol:

well... turbofans do have a bit of lag to them..... but once that puppy was fired up... yeah.... :banana:

nice pics!

Yes those are nice pics! If you don't want to race heads up, maybe you could negotiate for a few car lengths, then say you thought they meant jet lengths.

There's been a couple races like this on TLC. One was that black jet engined powered car that set the speed record on the salt flats. It went up against a dodge viper. The jet car actually beat the viper off the line for the first 1/2 second maybe, then the viper flew by it. It was pretty funny. Like a minute later (I don't remember how long) you just see the jet car fly by the viper like it's standing still.

Another was that semi tractor that guy put like 3 jet engines on that he runs at various shows and events. He raced it against some kind of military jet I think. The jet came over top of him real slow, then went full power and he went full power. I can't remember who won....

Another was that semi tractor that guy put like 3 jet engines on that he runs at various shows and events. He raced it against some kind of military jet I think. The jet came over top of him real slow, then went full power and he went full power. I can't remember who won....

They tied at the last air show I saw that truck at. That thing is freakin' LOUD! It feels like someone punched you in the chest when he gooses the throttle.