Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ahhh! extra parts???

Okay, so I'm finally getting my wagon back together, after replacing the heads. It's been a long drawn out process, being delayed by major back problems, etc. Anyhow, so now I find that I have two, small lead like balls. (kinda beat up, a little over 1/4 inch diameter) and I can't remember where they go.:eek: I bagged em up and now am trying to figure out where they go. I have an '88 ea82t, wagon. Anybody have any idea, where these might go. I checked the book, for oil pressure relief valve on the cam housings, no balls in there. Hmm...I just draw a blank. :confused: HELP!!!

All you did was replace the HG's? Shouldnt be any balls involved unless a mouse got in there:rolleyes:

This isn't a US market, RHD vehicle is it? (I know they made legacies like that for postal carriers..)

I was just thinking, it might've been a mail vehicle. You're saying you're seeing little balls...

(3 amigos FTW :headbang:)

That one went right over my head:-\

this is what I get for trying a joke from a movie that my friends and I quote all the time.

In the movie, "The Three Amigos" there is a scene where a small biplane flies over the heads of Martin Short, Chevy Chase, and Steve Martin.. and Martin Short says "I think its a mail plane..didn't you see the little balls?"

too obscure. thats how i like my humor. If you were my friend down the street, you would have laughed your head off.. trust me :rolleyes:

SORRY buzzcon, I will go sit in my corner now :-p

lmao..I got it Daeron..I was hesitant to talk about those two balls just because of people like you :Flame::lol: ,

Anyhow,, I took a lot of stuff off to get the heads and I remember hearing one of them hit the ground..I found it and then another one, but I can't remember what I was removing at the time. So I guess I'll just put it all back together without its little balls. :rolleyes: Hey, it's a turbo..doesn't that mean big balls? Thanks guys!

they're the bearings from your turn signal blinkers; its an indication that you havent been changing your blinker fluid often enough. This can cause premature wear of the blinker mechanism.

hey, muffler bearings and blinker fluid go hand in hand, if you ask me.

First of all, let me make something perfectly clear! :mad: I am not driving some skanky, worthless Kia Rio; I'm driving a comletely updated EA82T Subaru! I have the latest in bearingless mufflers, not to mention the new and improved dry blinkers! The Karooter Valve, however, is something I'll have to look into. Thanks for all of your totally worthless input. I'll now mosey on over to the "for sale" forum and put my little lead balls up for sale. :-\ I may even auction them off on E-Bay.:headbang:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry to have derailed the thread, man. :dead: My lame and obscure sense of humor got the better of me late one night; what more can I say. At least, with all this attention if the balls WERE critical someone would have made us all shut our traps by now :grin:

I just wish my joke had been funnier :-\

• 2 weeks later...

AFAIK, the only place there are ball bearings are in the oil pump, and near the end of the valve train in the heads. To get those ones out, you have to take stuff off the head once you get the head out.

Is it possible they were just sitting on top of the engine?

-Dave