Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting closer to roadtrip time ....

From all the reading i've done on traveling to the great white north, it seems that Blu will need two full sized spare tires, not just one.

Blu is a 1997 OBW. WHere can i find rims for him?

Blu has 15" alloy rims on him now.

Thanks

nipper

do you mean full size wheels identical to yours to use as spares, or two full sized spare tires?

i went from 15" to 16" wheels on my OBS. if the original spare (it came iwth 15" tires) is not the same as my 16" wheels now, then i'd like to get an appropriately sized spare for my 16" wheels. in which case i'll send you the old spare for the cost of shipping. it's not here or i'd check the diameter.

i used to have a set...and think i still do of 15" stock steelies as well. i'd also send you one of those for cost of shipping. they are at my other place in another state, but i'll be there this weekend.

Not sure if this helps, but I got some 15" steelies for snow tires from discounttiredirect.com a few years ago. Unfortunately they weren't much less expensive than their cheapest allow wheels.

How about what some people were saying about various other vehicles being very similar except maybe offset such as Cavaliers and some Dodge minivans, with the five lug pattern on a 100mm bolt circle?

I wish I could help you out Nipper but can't. I wouldn't be surprised if you made the whole trip without any tire trouble.

so i can call you when i drive to the aric circle and get a flat?

:D

nipper

you've got mail at gmail.

i'm sure you carry a tire plug kit and air pump. that would help with the occasional nail. not much good for that cut side wall when you drive over the waterfall.

its not the nails thats an issue, but sharp gravel. My tires are at about 50% of life right now.

nipper

I have one wheel that is the same as yours nipper but without the gold accents like your wheel in my garage and it has a tire on it. It looks to be an outback sized tire (as opposed to the regular legacy size I needed) and the tread is atleast 50% or more. I paid about $50 for it so would you consider $40? (keep in mind no shipping or need to buy a tire for the rim) I can bring it along to Connie's on saturday. Let me know. PM if you would like to.

EDIT: the wheel is not like I said...it is the same wheel you would find on a 99 OB (the 8 spoke or whatever not the 5 spoke)

I have one wheel that is the same as yours nipper but without the gold accents like your wheel in my garage and it has a tire on it. It looks to be an outback sized tire (as opposed to the regular legacy size I needed) and the tread is atleast 50% or more. I paid about $50 for it so would you consider $40? (keep in mind no shipping or need to buy a tire for the rim) I can bring it along to Connie's on saturday. Let me know. PM if you would like to.

EDIT: the wheel is not like I said...it is the same wheel you would find on a 99 OB (the 8 spoke or whatever not the 5 spoke)

This is meant as a spare, so if its the same bolt pattern, yes i want it :)

Actually it looking differntly will tell me there is a spare on the car :)

Thank You.

nipper

you've got mail at gmail.

i'm sure you carry a tire plug kit and air pump. that would help with the occasional nail. not much good for that cut side wall when you drive over the waterfall.

John thanks for the email :)

maybe you should buy some new tires before you leave?

im looking at that, actyually i got them brand when i got the car. The first year i barley put 5000 miles on the car. Last year was 15000, this year so far another 7000, i have to inspect them.

I should really look at replacing my front rotors, more then the tires. 80mph stops are unnerving.

nipper

YAY it fit like it meant to belong there :)

Thanks

nipper