Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a '97 OB Legacy Limited 2.5. I had to cut the wiring to the CD changer under the passenger seat to get it out and dislodge the magazine stuck inside. Since it's a high mi. car, I don't want to spend a lot to install a new unit, so my question is-will other changers work with this head unit? It's a Panasonic from 1996 6 CD changer under the passenger seat.

I have a '97 OB Legacy Limited 2.5. I had to cut the wiring to the CD changer under the passenger seat to get it out and dislodge the magazine stuck inside. Since it's a high mi. car, I don't want to spend a lot to install a new unit, so my question is-will other changers work with this head unit? It's a Panasonic from 1996 6 CD changer under the passenger seat.

It's not an answer to your question, but have you considered replacing the head unit with one that will work with a MP3 player? Sooner or later, electro-mechanical devices like CD changers ALWAYS break. Buy a nice MP3 ready head unit and then swap it out when you get new car. My MP3 player has more than 40 albums on it. It makes a 6 CD changer look like small potatoes. Plus, you can play podcasts in the car.

Thanks for the suggestion. It makes good sense, I'm just getting used to the 2oth century music technology!QUOTE=The Dude]It's not an answer to your question, but have you considered replacing the head unit with one that will work with a MP3 player? Sooner or later, electro-mechanical devices like CD changers ALWAYS break. Buy a nice MP3 ready head unit and then swap it out when you get new car. My MP3 player has more than 40 albums on it. It makes a 6 CD changer look like small potatoes. Plus, you can play podcasts in the car.