Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1981 GL 4X4 Wagon "The Vermin" Off to Rehab!

:horse: I may be beating a dead horse or am I gonna blaze the trails in a RETRO RIG. My son is about to start driving and code enforcement was cracking down on my "SUBURBAN LARVA" now it has gone off to Rehab and surprisingly after 8 years of being an eyesore parked on the side of my driveway started and was purring for the mechanic before our train arrived in L A union station. We rode the Metrolink from Van Nuys CA. I thought it had engine problems 8 years ago and parked it!!!

I found this site and looks like lots of fun. I am not a wrench twister (yet) too ignorant and lazy so I have to dust off my wallet when I need work.

If I decide to LIFT this to the sky I would like to find someone who loves to do this for the car and the customer. Not sure if I am ready to commit but desire meeting someone out there that would find pleasure in busting knuckles for a cheap PING PONG! Cheep but also giving for insane projects that are done in a FUN way

As of now we will see how "THE VERMIN" (my son's new name for the roo) runs and considering painting and getting it all new looking. Then let my son run it for awile stock and later making a monster out of it.

Has anyone put these bodies on a sub frame and dropped in a Vortec 6 like in a chevy ZR2? That is kind of my idea of where the vermin should be in about ten years as I save some more STUPID MONEY! That is money left over after all the smart money is locked away!!! I will Postpone my Rubicon Dreams to keep this little Subaru Happy for a long time to come. Besides I can always get a RUBICON it is gonna be hard to find a MONSTER SUBARU!!

Here is a link to some pics ..... http://www.lightdrop.com/Subaru.html

.http://www.lightdrop.com/Subaru.html

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to USMB.

As one of the old-timers of SoCal it's always great to have more people in the area.

Who knows maybe one day we will be able to do a USMB mini-meet/BBQ.

the wagon looks nice.

re:the subframe and engine swap, go to the retrofitting forum and look at what people are doing there. It would be a lot cheaper to do a EJ swap than the vortech.

BW

Nipper I hear ya man. You guys have more people living in Long Island than we do in the whole friggin State! Infact when I visit other States and they find out I'ma Nor Dakoootan, they ask about the Indians. Yes, we still have them I tell them. In fact, a group attacked the Fort the other day....and on it goes until they figure it out.

Nipper I hear ya man. You guys have more people living in Long Island than we do in the whole friggin State! Infact when I visit other States and they find out I'ma Nor Dakoootan, they ask about the Indians. Yes, we still have them I tell them. In fact, a group attacked the Fort the other day....and on it goes until they figure it out.

Hey now!! dont insult the Indians....I happen to be one...or mostly one...OK East coast Pennsylvania Indian..Susquahannok to be exact...mixed with some Dutch and grew up Italian..that makes me a Wop-a-ho:grin: And my Indian name is Runs With Scissors;)

I have been to Long Island for Islander Hockey Games..and even super late at night there are just too many people out and on the road..CT is getting that bad too it seems ..specially Fairfeild County

Speaking of Indians....

My friend and I who are both Chinese, once went to Montana once w/another friend to visit his family.

We were browsing in a store and this dude comes up to us and asks... "what tribe are you from":lol:

BACK to topic....

Ping Pong.

If you need EA81 parts I have some in my garage left over from my swap.

BW

I'm part Blackfoot and Cherokee, going back 2-3 generations on both sides of the family. Moms side even had a gypsy (her great grandmother).

I wish dad didnt throw out that letter in the 1970's, that invited us to register. Paying for college would have been so much easier.

nipper

Arrgh guys. I personally love the Indians up here. We have mostly Sioux and Chippewa depending upon which part of the State you're at. i spent two summer working construction on reservations. Those were good times. Oddly enough, even though i'm caucasian ( Norwegian and German with some other crap thrown in there...guess I'm a Mutt) I have been called a slightly derrogatory term for mexicans a few times. Apparently I tan up well. Oh and the Cheech moustache probably didn't help that either.