Ultimate Subaru Message Board

looking for suggestions

i have a 1996 outback w/ 140000 mi which has sat in my driveway for 2+ years now thanks to a company vehicle. i live in massachusetts. car was great, needed clutch when i parked it though. i have no time/knowlege/$$ to get it going again, and quite frankly not sure where to start. i am considering donating, selling or giving it away to someone who may use it for parts or fix it. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post in the 'for sale' section on here, or maybe on craigslist. With the 2.2L it will be an easier sell. People will want to know if you remember if it had torque bind, like binding/hopping/skipping in turns.

If you want to donate it there are probably places local to you. You could call Mission Motors here in Buffalo, NY (they fix up cars and resell them and the proceeds benefit the local homeless mission) but I'm not sure they'd pick it up b/c of the distance. They would give a tax deductable receipt if you want. Though the IRS rules changed on that now based on what they do with the car.

looking for suggestions

i have a 1996 outback w/ 140000 mi which has sat in my driveway for 2+ years now thanks to a company vehicle. i live in massachusetts. car was great, needed clutch when i parked it though. i have no time/knowlege/$$ to get it going again, and quite frankly not sure where to start. i am considering donating, selling or giving it away to someone who may use it for parts or fix it. any suggestions would be appreciated.

For the hell of it, jumpers cable and the ignition key may not be a bad place to start :)

nipper

I want it! When can I come over?:grin:

J/k

Im from springfield (yeah a WESTERN mass guy) and just drove to maine for a 96 ob with a bad motor AND tranny...The headaches dont stop anymore. But it does show you how nuts i am!

Seriously I wouldnt mind making it pair though.If you want it gone Pm me.

I haven't seen another Mass. member in almost forever and now 3... hello... where have you been? And twodollarbill, you're in my town.

Hello yourself! Thats the problem with the digital age though, a member could live on the next block and and unless something area specific comes up (like a car for sale or a bbq etc) you might never know it assuming they lived some distance from you. Crazy huh? :rolleyes: