Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RoboBucky..aka Wheel Well repair

I have to thanks Backwoodsboy for his effort and great job re-enforcing Bucks Shock mounts.. I added some aluminum today and will get some glass in another day or two.. But...Bucky looks like something from Robocop now:grin:

RoboBucky001.jpg

RoboBucky003.jpg

Road noise is definatly going to be cut down..:lol: Bucky's a wagon right? If so I got glass.

Best and cheapest way to reduce road noise and perfect for Bucky right now would be sheet form rockwool insulation, about an inch thick or less. You can get it with one side adhered to what looks like foil sheet. Great for built-in dishwashers as well. Cheap too, at least in comparison to automotive specialty crap.

who cares what it looks like UNDER the interior pieces, it's fixed! :banana:

just be sure to use lots and lots of sealants/bodycoat etc. because water is a real ***** and will creep in every nook and cranny and it WILL find it's way in :mad:

Bloody oath.. I've never seen anyone bother to fix something that bad.. Looks good and should hold up well if it looks anything like it does in the pics.

When you live in the rust belt...we all find ways to save the cars...too many die at a young age ..nothing wrong with them mechanically... just the rust eats them away. And most of the time our fixes are better then what was there to begin with.:lol:

I just found a patch of rust on my Brat that I didn't know was there. It's about 30mm long and 20mm wide right near the exhaust.. That is the worst rust my car has on it :(

It's sad to see so many good cars rust away like yours.. glad your keepin him going.