Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old Gen logo, true to the stars

Subaru, in Japanese is the name for the Conselation Pleadies. Hence the original badge logo of the six stars(there are actually seven in the constellation, but one is dim and crammed next to another).

I noticed that the new logo is different with a lage star in one corner and the other five spaced evenly in the rest of the oval. This is not an accurate depiction of how the constelation actually is arranged. I had never really noticed the difference until Saturday doing research for this.

Subatat2.jpg

Better to have the Old gen Logo(cause that's what I love) and also be true to the actual constelation(which also hold meaning to me) Red backround cause the Majority of my Subaru memories were in red cars and I like it better than blue.

im looking to get that on my arm once i get a fewthings figured out.

I wanted it on my forearm but the artist talked me out of it. He said I should wait til I have gotten more ink before commiting to something on the arm. Especially something small, as it blocks the area for more elaborate work. It is apparently *prime real estate*. I see his point and agreed. I will get an even bigger one there.:headbang:

I wanted it on my forearm but the artist talked me out of it. He said I should wait til I have gotten more ink before commiting to something on the arm. Especially something small, as it blocks the area for more elaborate work. It is apparently *prime real estate*. I see his point and agreed. I will get an even bigger one there.:headbang:

Problem #1 with me and tattoos... hair. I am not as hairy as an ape yet... but within ten years I shall be. I am sorry, i REFUSE to shave body fur.... so there isnt much "real estate" for me to choose from.

Problem #2 has always been what to get. I've considered Daeron in runic type letters (its something of an alter ego) and I've considered a celtic cross.. I like the idea of getting a crosshairs, a target, or a bullethole in the top of my foot (:grin:) Also BRIEFLY considered a tattoo of a mirror image of the words SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT on my forehead, just for laughs... but I cant decide. cant decide!! CANT DECIDE, BRAIN ANEURYSM!!!

so between my reluctance to get something embossed into my skin in indelible ink, and my reluctance to keep the area follicle-free, I am somewhat limited in any ink ambitions.

If it were a car logo, though, it'd be a wordless datsun logo, on the upper arm. Sorry folks, my first love must come first. The pleiades themselves might work for a tat, but not a soob logo pleiades... it would have the logo within it in some sense, but it would be a pleiades tattoo.

Please... you younger guys especially. Choose wisely where you put your tattoo. Nothing below the elbow or above the collar. You never want to be chained to wear long sleeve shirts and turtle necks.

You never know what you may be doing in the future. I have seen many qualified kiddos lose great jobs, that they really wanted, all because of a silly tattoo that shows (even below the cuff of a long sleeved shirt.

BTW, on the logo business, I could be way off base, but I think they left out one star on purpose to imply that the car itself is the brightest star. Did you notice that the USMB logo has all 7?

That's a good point about the seven stars Seahag. The Tahitians referred to them as the seven little eyes, and they served as a northern point of reference in the migration to Hawaii. Something of meaning to me.

First off I've been self employed and will continue to be so for the rest of my life, so I'm not worried about were I get my tattoo. I wouldn't put it on my body if it was something I wanted to hide. I am 30, my son is 4. I think the attitude towards ink has and will continue to become more understanding. I think at least 1 in 3 people under 30 have a tattoo.

I think the attitude towards ink has and will continue to become more understanding. I think at least 1 in 3 people under 30 have a tattoo.

You're lucky to have your own business that survives on your own talents. Unfortunately, most of the kids here are just coming up and don't have that advantage and have to work for someone else.

The people hiring now are still anti-ink and it's my guess, for the next 10 years or so, will be still be anti-ink, at least if it shows to the public. In the corporate world, I even see tons of empty earring holes... let alone ink showing.

As these individuals retire, then maybe a more tolerant group will emerge... if you want to wait.

Just remember, the ones taking their place didn't tatt where it could be seen during working hours. Catch-22.

I think taking other peoples opinions about tatoos into consideration when getting a tattoo is rediculous. It's you're body. It is the only thing in you're life that is truely yours. All of those bosses and coworkers and loan officers and all the rest will not be in you're life till you die. You're ink will. Get it what you want, where you want it, when you want it. No one else should hold sway in descisions about you're own body.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I just wanna say that it is a Nice Tatoo... I Never think about Tatoos, but that´s the one I like more of all!

I think there´s only six stars on the logo, due to the fact that they symbol the six meaning companies that came partners to raise FHI. (First one was Nakajima, in 1917, I think...)