Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Having a Thought ( and its pretty scarey)

I have been trying to think about what I want to do with Buckster once Pheebie is ready to be put into daily driver service. I dont feel comfortable knowing he can never hold passangers in the back again cause of no seat belts. Then I thought about tucking him aside and waiting to have the money to get a rust free west coast EA82 4WD wagon and using Bucky for parts so he lives on.....and then there was this thought.........how would he do as an autocross car and what would I have to do to him??? I mean my XT6 is going to be a garage king ( cant call him a queen) and will never see snow again..turning him into a show car.

I have been trying to think about what I want to do with Buckster once Pheebie is ready to be put into daily driver service. I dont feel comfortable knowing he can never hold passangers in the back again cause of no seat belts. Then I thought about tucking him aside and waiting to have the money to get a rust free west coast EA82 4WD wagon and using Bucky for parts so he lives on.....and then there was this thought.........how would he do as an autocross car and what would I have to do to him??? I mean my XT6 is going to be a garage king ( cant call him a queen) and will never see snow again..turning him into a show car.

I think the twisty turny from a autoX would end up turning Bucky into a pretzel:-p Fix what you can so he can live a few more years and use him as a draft horse. After that..........................the glue factory:rolleyes:

I am not going to register Bucky anymore...he still needs too much..and now with the new Impreza...as for him being a wagon ..this is true..but we still have Tommys truck...I just dont want to see him sit and wilt away. And I wont sell him. I will just hold him for parts cause I really would LOVE to have a lifted EA82 wagon for some off roading.

Are you sure about that? (I would love to take him off your hands if ever you wanted to......what with his "new lease on life" and all)

:grin:

maybe to someone I know that would be able to fix what I can't..and who is going to treat him well...he is a great car..just needs more than I can give him now..its my own fault. He is the perfect commuter car..great mileage.. I know you would take care of him.....Let me think about this a bit.. You know you and or jess are HIGH on my list of people who I would consider letting adopt Buck