Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Best Demolition Derby subaru????

Went to a import demo derby with my niece and she wants do this together in the future and i believe the best subaru for the job would be at XT turbo with that big fricken trunk.... agree or diasagree?? if so who s got one or two in the northwest?:cool:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to a import demo derby with my niece and she wants do this together in the future and i believe the best subaru for the job would be at XT turbo with that big fricken trunk.... agree or diasagree?? if so who s got one or two in the northwest?:cool:

disagree, don't destroy another XT, there are too little left :-\

and, to be honest, I think a wagon would perform equally well, especially if cages/lift can be added :brow:

That's is true how wagons are every where there are at least 20 in my area that are the same age as mine not including all the news ones I see. And I love where I go to school right across the street from a soob dealer so I get to stare at them all day.

I'd say it'd be a waste of time..two-three good frontal hits and either your radiator is in the crank pulley or something'll foul a timing belt..pick on some transverse engined POS with lots of room to crush in the front, Soob clearance is measured in inches, not feet..

SO WHere is the distrib? Ive stayed away from these subs because of their looks, so i know nothing about them... but it would have to take a hit it the nose...:confused:

EA81's have it up front, EA82's it's on the back of the drivers side head/cam-case.

Can you weld a pipe across the bumper? The problem with a front end hit on these is that it pushes the radiator back into the timing belts.

Look for old threads on this. I've seen it a number of times before.

Z

I really agree!! I mean your going to take a Roo and beat the crap out of it and let it die!!:mad: That's F#*@ing sick!!!!! Why don't you take a Suzuki or Honda!! or even a Nissan.. NOT A SUBARU:mad: :mad::eek:

KEEP ROO'S ALIVE AS LONG AS YOU CAN!!!!

I officially protest all suggestions of using a nissan, unless youre talking about a newer FWD model.

and a pox on any who say otherwise. :-p

seriously, dont use a subaru... unless you are someone with six subarus in your yard, and were going to have this one hauled off, and can take the engine and trans out after it gets scrapped anyhow.. just please don't, as has been said there simmply arent enough left.

I totaly agree with Daeron! Don't use Subaru's in demo derby's!!!

That would be the sadest thing i would ever see:mad: :eek:

Take a 1990 chevy baretta or a 2001 Nissan altima! And don't use the older Nissan's or Mitsu's ither! I mean the 1979-88 Nissan blue bird where cool and so where old Mitsu's!!

This guy probely still won't lissen and he'll take a Loyale or any Roo and make'em cry!!!:( It's sad when you see people on youtube makeing a Boxer engine screm!!! ;(

I'm in agreement here. Subarus as a general rule are lightwieght, low powered cars with none of the qualities that would mark a good demolition derby car. And my sentimentality echoes everyone else here. Don't kill another sube. Really, if you want an import that would be a good demo car, you want something big and mean. Which subies are not, unless you put a load of work into them. Some of the old import luxury cars would fit the bill. Old Volvos, Mercedes, BMW 5 series and up, Mitsubishi Diamante, Acura Legend, Infiniti Q45, Mazda 929. You want something solid with at least a 6 in it. You'd probably embarass yourself killing a subaru in there. I just can't see one of our dear little subies going blow for blow with a bunch of other cars and coming out on top. It's not their thing.

You'll never find a car called blue bird here... Unless its been imported

Yeah i know the Blue bird is a JDM and Euro thing. But i did see a 84-86 Blue bird with left hand drive on cardomain??? I dunno?? Yeah you should see about a Toyota corona or cressdia!! Or a 93 and down Mitsubishi galant VR-4..

Or buy a bigass 78 Buick sportwagon with a 350 and a 4 barrle carb hahahahaha...

Cressidas are bad rump roast, they have the same motor as a Supra... I wanna find one, and stuff the twin turbo six in there.. Would be even more of a sleeper than my turbowagon :-P (Esp. since most people look at the last body style of the Cressida and just think it's an overgrown Camry)