Ultimate Subaru Message Board

water lines

OK i have looked and looked and looked but i cant find anything on where the water line under the carb gose to and then where the one off the side of the thermo housing gose i think it gose to the bit on the top of the block but im not shure any one know ????? thanks:confused:

Here is a picture of one of the hook-ups.

The only other picture that I have of the other line is on a turbo and it is different.

The picture is from the drivers back of the engine.

Crank pulley is the upper left of the picture.

Hush

The hose from under carb goes to the heater line that runs under the altenator.

Close, but not quite. You're thinking of an XT maybe.

The hose from the base of the carb goes up over the manifold, (on the drivers side of the carb) and attaches into the line that supplies the heater core. it's a 5/8 diameter tube with a small (1/4 inch?) nipple sticking up about half way down it's length. The tube form carb attaches to that nipple. The factory hose is benmt to clear the throttle shaft. If you are using straight hose make sure you give it enough room(or zip tie it) so it doesn't rub on the thottle shaft.

The one from the Tstat housing does go under the intake to that port on the top of the block(pictured above)