Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good news and bad news.

Tosh

Well not really bad just "ut oh"

Good news. I got accepted into the fire department down in st george utah (about 2 hours east of vegas :headbang: ) bad news My ea82t has a blown head gasket and I don't have the $$ to build it. I don't have unlimited funds but I'd really like to get an EJ22 in there. I have to be THERE by the end of august so I need to at least have the car swapped and running sometime around mid august which gives me a little more then a month. I need to get some money (payday is friday!) and find a donor car. If anyone has one or knows of one for CHEAP let me know. I'd prefer it to be mechanically sound so "decent" milage and no motor/trans problems. I'd also REALLY like a 5 speed.

Anyone around the Olympia area that can help me do some wrenching would also be great. How hard is it to swap in the EJ22's AC system ? its gonna be bloody hot down there.

i'll take a shot of my EJ/AC solution for you tomorrow.

I removed the center radiator support and hood latch/receiver and went to hood pins.

I have two EA82 electric fans on the front side of the A/C condenser, wired to push instead of pull.

They fit because I chopped the lines off of the A/C condenser flush with its surface. I will have them brazed shut in front and I will graft them back onto the sides, and I've rerouted the thinner aluminum lines to meet where those lines will be grafted.

The fans are mounted with some bolts and spacers, with nuts to be welded captive next time i can get the car to Brian's and take out the radiator. I need to weld a little bit of metal around their perimeters to shroud the airflow a little better. But they both fit in front and look awesome with the black blade variety of fans :D

I will have to have a hybrid set of EA/EJ lines made for underhood. Probably next year at this rate.