Ultimate Subaru Message Board

exhaust Flange and gasket part numbers?

As far as I know the flange is not serviced separately, your local generic auto parts store can hook you up with a generic flange (after you measure yours) and gasket (donut). At least that is what I had to do here (I replaced both flanges, so the "key" measurement was the pipe diameter), they do sell a two part flange that fits together, so you avoid a complete disassembly.

porcupine73

I *think* that is the idea, but the flanges rot off these cars as they get older, so to avoid cutting and welding, you would buy the two piece flange kit (two 1/2 flanges that join at the through bolts in an interlocking kind of way).

What did Subaru charge you for the bolt/spring/nut combination?

(After market kits, eg: Dodge 3.0, same set-up, are $5 for two sets)

The donut part # is below. I would highly suggest the new shoulder bolts too as mine were really rusted and broke during removal. Note of course this is for a 2000 2.5L Outback which might be different than yours. If you're ordering from a Subaru dealer I'd just order by description; that's what I did and got all the correct parts:

exhaustgasket00-2.jpg

exhaustunhooked1.jpg

The donut part # is below. I would highly suggest the new shoulder bolts too as mine were really rusted and broke during removal. Note of course this is for a 2000 2.5L Outback which might be different than yours. If you're ordering from a Subaru dealer I'd just order by description; that's what I did and got all the correct parts:

exhaustgasket00-2.jpg

exhaustunhooked1.jpg

great perfect and do you remember how much did you pay for the gasket?

mmmm...yes let's see I posted it in a thread some time back let me see if I can find it...yes this thread.

let's see...total for exhaust parts $21.40: exhaust gasket $6.16; two flange bolts ttl $4.40; two nuts ttl $3.66; two springs ttl $7.18.

I also got two cam cap o-rings $6.12 ttl and starter contact set $5.31.

Add on $9.95 shipping (their minimum shipping charge or 10% of order) for total $42.78.

exhaustfixed1.jpg