Ultimate Subaru Message Board

now with MORE lights!! (looky looky pics inside!)

i finally got my "A" bar lights intalled this weekend. so far i'm diggin' it. lit 'em up last nite and was impressed considering they were only $25.00 for the set. 55W Pilot halogens. bought a seperate red LED switch to use since as you all know those switches (and i like cool switches) that come with are crap.

100_1295_thumb.jpg

100_1296_thumb.jpg

100_1297_thumb.jpg

100_1293_thumb.jpg

next i plan on installing a set of driving lights in the lower part of the "A" bar on either side of the plate, possibly two more on the rack to make a continuous row of lights on top, and maybe, just maybe a set just above the mirrors, jeep style! :headbang:

so do i have a sickness and desperatly need help or should i embrace my sickness and go down that road to wherever it takes me? :brow:

besides the part on the bottom of the headlight bezels, that bra looks pretty sick

yeah, that part has always bothered me. been thinking of a couple of ways to give it a more flush, tighter fit without making it a biatch to take off. i have one idea but it may involve a little bumper cutting. another way i was thinking was to take it to an apholstery place to if they can shorten the length of the mesh part in front of the grill so it's more snug.

yeah, that part has always bothered me. been thinking of a couple of ways to give it a more flush, tighter fit without making it a biatch to take off. i have one idea but it may involve a little bumper cutting. another way i was thinking was to take it to an apholstery place to if they can shorten the length of the mesh part in front of the grill so it's more snug.

I would suggest having someone with a sewing machine simply stitch a couple of straps to the underside of it, that you could slip between the bumper and the under headlight trim panel, and "pull" the thing down into that corner with them.

Fastening the other ends of these tabs would be up to you.

Yeah ok i agree with the blocking airflow thing!:cool: And what about scratching? And dirt/salt get's trapped in there and then the Roo get's cancer:(

Me i thing bra's are only good on 2 thing's women and cheep ricer's!:grin::lol: :lol: :)

'84. plenty of chips and scratches already! west coast=no salt. EA81, not to much underthere to cool, hee hee, no probs w/airflow. it's pretty thick material so i don't think a regular sewing machine will work. already thought of that. maybe sew by hand and just "pin" it in a few key places? anyways thanks guys! lets see some more lights!