Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gas door MOD:)

ok so my gas door cable and latch and spring have been going to hell in a hand baskit and it finaly just wentso i pulled my gas door off and i was thinking about buying one of those billet gas door deals from shucks made for achevy or dodge w/e but i would cut and mod the gas door area o n my soob so it would work i think it would look neat. like a military hummer or something:lol:

ok so my gas door cable and latch and spring have been going to hell in a hand baskit and it finaly just wentso i pulled my gas door off and i was thinking about buying one of those billet gas door deals from shucks made for achevy or dodge w/e but i would cut and mod the gas door area o n my soob so it would work i think it would look neat. like a military hummer or something:lol:

I could try to take some more detailed photos of the assembly where the cable runs into the bracket that splits it between gas door, and trunk latch, since my car is conveniently rusted to oblivion right there:

small005.jpg

small008.jpg

thats a whole lota rust did you spray paint over it or is that "remover"?

minimal effort.. grey rattlecan primer. one of these days I will do more, but for a long time I had to reach in that hole to open the gas door.. hence the tie wire you see. I may clean the rust off the metal and throw some fiberglass matt over the holes once I get into doing the same stuff on my Datsun..

..but the money demon plagues, and the holes are low priority.

I could try to take some more detailed photos of the assembly where the cable runs into the bracket that splits it between gas door, and trunk latch, since my car is conveniently rusted to oblivion right there:

small005.jpg

small008.jpg

wow. thats a lotta rust