Ultimate Subaru Message Board

oh I did it now

hey guys I have good and bad news. the good news is I am a classic subaru owner now. I got an rx over the weekend.. the problem lies in the fact that it used to belong to subyrally. it needs alot of tlc, a depressing amount infact. I got the starts of a rust problem a driveline problem and coolent issues. but hey every project starts somewhere:banana:

hey guys I have good and bad news. the good news is I am a classic subaru owner now. I got an rx over the weekend.. the problem lies in the fact that it used to belong to subyrally. it needs alot of tlc, a depressing amount in fact. I got the starts of a rust problem a driveline problem and coolent issues. but hey every project starts somewhere:banana:

So it needs work huh? Good! You'll value it more for all the TLC you put into it.

Rust: KBS Rustseal (formerly POR-15). Coolant issues: easy fixes. Get a new thermostat from the Subaru dealer, new hoses, and a radiator from a good source such as radiatorexpress.com.

can tell you that the cooling issue isnt the thermostat, i am thinking that the intake manifold might be buggered.

definatly needs shifter bushings and better rear springs.

the rust in the rx is nowhere near as bad as the rust in my brat. at least the floor is intact in the rx.

and its still my car till you get the title:lol: but i know its in good hands, ive seen the jeeps you have restored.

suby I don't even want to hear it man. I got news for you u remeber how tight money was when I was going home ya my phone bill didn't go in till monday.. woops. ya -125 in bank right now the paintball thing was a bad idea on my part.:eek:

suby I don't even want to hear it man. I got news for you u remeber how tight money was when I was going home ya my phone bill didn't go in till monday.. woops. ya -125 in bank right now the paintball thing was a bad idea on my part.:eek:

yeah, but it was fun.

Good someone needs too:grin: :lol: Poke him good for me too!;)

dont encourage him, he is a lot bigger than me, it hurts when he pokes the timmy:dead:

on a more irritating note, the city of frederick has declaired my brat to be an abandoned vehicle since its not tagged and thus an eye sore that must either be registered or removed in 10 days. god i hate frederick, at least the city.

looks like if i can manage to get temp tags, aka, transfer the registration form the rx to the brat, ill have 30 days to get the rust repaired to get the car past inspection. i can do a bit of the work in the driveway, but when it comes to the point of removing the entire floor on the driver side will take some help.

on a more irritating note, the city of frederick has declaired my brat to be an abandoned vehicle since its not tagged and thus an eye sore that must either be registered or removed in 10 days. god i hate frederick, at least the city.

Anyplace you can stash it, either at a friend's place or in a garage or out of the city's jurisdiction, to buy yourself some more time?

Anyplace you can stash it, either at a friend's place or in a garage or out of the city's jurisdiction, to buy yourself some more time?

possibly, but i think that my girlfriend is going to get the temporary registration on it this week. but i really need to call the number on the sitation and apologize to the guy l eft a very angry message with at the city. the whole feeling like crap from chemo and then having that sprung on me, yeah, i blew up and got pissed and left a rather tude message on dude's voicemail. thats totally not who i am or what i am about, verymuch out of charactor for me. i usually just break stuff around me, i never go off on anyone, i hate chemo, its changed me, and i blame the drugs.

Oh please Pen-pen.

His RX can't possibly be any worse than that Brat I bought for him.

It's only been a few days and already I've bled in the damn thing.. more than once too >_<

If you thought the rust was bad when we went to go see it.. you should see it now.. it's worse than I had expected.

..Wait...

Why are we poking my Suby?

*poke pokes*

yes I have started the unnoffical poke the timmy thread :banana:

good luck man I hope you can get it worked out because theres no way I can offord to bring the trailer up there this weekend

The original plan was to get temp. tags for it, but then my bank decided to be stupid again.

We have a car cover on it now and hopefully that'll do for now until we can get it actually working to pass inspection and get it registered.

I have a feeling this car will be the death of me.. :dead:

...Oooo..

Drinking.

lol.

Even though it's a long way off, we've also got some paint styles and stuff in mind.

Tomorrow I'll upload them into my photos with the rest of the Brat'ty goodness.

I can do much better ones in the near future, I did those at Suby's house.. it was more or less a rush job but he seems to like it.