Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Quick!! Am I insane?

the single range ea81s had the shifter on the console, i owned one. it just has 1 click up, not 2.

i believe Durania is correct.

He is correct, the ea81 s/r 4wd lever looks identical to the d/r lever. Actually its the same lever just doesn't have a 4lo to engage. My hatch is a s/r and is just like that minus the metal badge saying how to work it.

C'mon cobcob, you gotta get something so I can have someone in MO that understands the soob thing that just recently got me hooked...

I'm workin on it dude!! Believe you me!!:grin: The stars shall reside in my driveway soon!! :headbang: :headbang:

Keep an eye out up your way for a cheap older 4x4, I'm gonna try and hit up some junkyards around Springfield this week...

• 1 month later...

Come next Wednesday and this vehicle will be in my driveway... talked to the owner, he's giving it to me for $2600, engine and trans are out of another Brat, topper is in good condition, he's got another 'H' style rim with a good tire on it, some spare door panels, the skid plate (removed for oil changes and left off cos he never off roaded it), spare cyclops light assembly, a pile of new oil filters and some other misc stuff he's dug up!

happy happy joy joy! I'll upload some more up close and personal pics of her as soon as she's in my possession! :banana:

congrats man welcome to the brat neighborhood:headbang:

OC wrench has one now too!!:burnout:

what are your plans for it? keeping the wagon too?

Keeping the wagon for now at least, OC_Subiewrench is the one to blame for me getting into Subies at all! He's a freaking champ! :grin: we've talked about meeting up half way between NY and MO for a Brat weekend, might just have to do that soon!

I'm planning on leaving it pretty well stock, if I can fit it in I want to do an alt upgrade, larger battery, some driving lights... not going to mod it like crazy at all because she'll be my daily driver. :headbang: There's a bit of rust that needs to be dealt with, just the rear wheel wells (of course) shouldn't be too bad though!

The GL-10T wagon on the other hand will be slowly brought to a good level of mechanicals and interior... probably a 5 speed swap and I'll prolly rebuild the engine while I have it out for the trans swap... It's a long road ahead for it but I think we'll get there in time! :clap:

I've also added the pics to my album incase the dealership takes the pics down soon...

Wellll....

Just got back from the car lot... turns out the moron who's selling it forgot to put a '1' in the mileage on the online advert so it's got 190,500 not 90500... I wound up keeping the Millenia and I'm trying to sell that so I can pay cash on the Brat rather than get raped by a used car salesman.

He also stated that it was a 5 speed but it's a 4... jackass

I have had 7 Sube's and so far they have all ran over 250,000 miles (well over), Except my current car, I'd bet it will also!