Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need real time engine install help

Well, I was able to get the engine out, clutch in, and engine back in and mounted. Unfortunately, I didn't take enough pictures, or at least enough quality ones. I have two brackets (pictured here) that I can't find a home for. Any help on either of these? I also didn't take a picture of where the ground connection is on the block. I appreciate your help.

P.S. - This is on a 99 OBW, EJ25 engine

Dan

post-13440-136027623898_thumb.jpg

post-13440-136027623904_thumb.jpg

Well, I was able to get the engine out, clutch in, and engine back in and mounted. Unfortunately, I didn't take enough pictures, or at least enough quality ones. I have two brackets (pictured here) that I can't find a home for. Any help on either of these? I also didn't take a picture of where the ground connection is on the block. I appreciate your help.

P.S. - This is on a 99 OBW, EJ25 engine

Dan

Dan,

I believe the first one is the cable holder for the oxygen sensor and goes on the bottom passenger side engine/transmission stud/nut. It keeps the o2 sensor wire from flapping around and rubbing against the halfshaft.

I believe the second part is the main ground lug which goes under the top starter bolt. The bolt on the bracket goes to the ground lug coming from the battery.

Nathan

Yes the left pic is definitely the wrap thing for the o2 sensor wire. Not sure about the other one.

All mechanical devices have maybe 3-4% spare/unneeded parts/fasteners built in, so when the job is done as long as you haven't exceeded this level it should still be ok.