Ultimate Subaru Message Board

blown :(

ok today wasent the best i took tiny up to lions rock it was doin ok runnin a little warm but nothing bad made it there then shortly after it started makinga light sqweeking noise so i started to worry so i left back for town (LJ was here with me too in his soob) it started running really bad really really bad then just sh**y so i stopped and looked after it died and the crank pully had come off the nut loosend up and came off needles to say we couldent find it and i didnt have another with me so i pulled the belts off and started it up then started going again made it to the down hill shut the car off it cools down and i coast down to the bottom of the hill almost to town starting it every 3 or so miles to get spead then shuting it off. close to home and then the hood yeah the hood flys up BASHES the windsheild MY NEW WINDSHEILD AHHHHHGHGHGHDFDF so now im pissed even mor so i get out tie it tie it down cause now its bent to fu** so i get almost home the engine is warm getti ng hotter and a stupid arse ina jeep is sitting at a green light i have no hor and i am yelling at him to move when the cherry on my sh** sunday arives the head gaskit blowes :mad: :mad: :mad: so i hook to LJ and he pulls me the three blocks home AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. so know i get to pull the engine and replace the head gaskits and intake gaskits again. should i just upgrade to an ej i have a line on one here in the JY how hard is it.

You took the pulleys and belts off to drive the car home????

I dont want to rub anything in, man... but thats disabling the water pump!! you only have a temperature gauge on the water sitting on top of half of your engine, and when the water isnt moving then that "temperature" has only a remote relationship to the actual temperature of your engine. The temp gauge is going to cool off ALOT faster than the engine actually will.. If you didnt blow the headgasket on the drive, if there was no Jeep, if you made it home "safe" I would STILL imagine that your HG would be blowing soon enough. Sometimes its best to just park the car and either tow it, or return with parts to repair.

I doubt highly that an EJ engine would have held up any better.

i know i know but i couldent just leave it have u seen what happens to cars theat get left i nthe hills :eek: and i made it safe and yes the HG blew i will just fix it and park it for a wile im gona be doing alot of work to it for winter. so i will just drive my 82

GREAT NEWS. ITS NOT THE HEAD GASKIT WOOOOOHHHOOOOOO YAY:banana: :banana: :banana: After close inspection well looking around the engine i found that one of my rad. hoses blew off. OH THANK HEAVEN. i am so releaved i am gonna changethe oil pump today and replace the hose and fire it up.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

GREAT NEWS. ITS NOT THE HEAD GASKIT WOOOOOHHHOOOOOO YAY:banana: :banana: :banana: After close inspection well looking around the engine i found that one of my rad. hoses blew off. OH THANK HEAVEN. i am so releaved i am gonna changethe oil pump today and replace the hose and fire it up.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

:banana: :banana: Lets keep our fingers crossed it didnt cause any other issues;)