Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 won't run!! @!#&*

WOW! I have never read that much in my life :rolleyes: at first it made me not want an xt6, but the simplicity of what happond now makes me want one. except, so remember way back when, you were driving and the rpms climbed to the moon :)? what caused that? if a timing belt breaks (which it didnt because, here goes my EVIT auto tech training, timing belts gennerally do not break under normal running conditions, they will usually break under start up because of the extra stress on the engine.) ahem, thank you for hearing me out, so was this just a subie cowinkydink? like Something went south right when somehting else went south??? (this happons to Blueroo every time I pay money to get nice new parts for her)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeay, she runs and she runs good and smooth. I think i will warranty out those plugs anyways. i also need to make some new bearings for the timing belt tensioner and pulleys. They will work for now, but they are a little loose for my taste. Ive got an extra set now that i can take measurements from and make some new ones. If they work well then i will see if i can make a limited run, i sure enough people on the forums would like a new set of bearings for there xt6. But this is just me talking for now. Next up is replacing my pads and rotors. I also need a new clutch, but im not sure what brand or quality i want.

Thanks again for all the help.

defiantly get an xt6 beataru.

-- im thinking now that the reason that the rpms climbed so vigorously is because my foot was on the gas for all 6, and when it broke only 3 were fireing, eh dosent make much sence, but tis all i can think of for now.