Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You can alway's tell a SUBARU engine by sound!

To me it's fine if it says H-4/H-6 or Boxer because it's Horazontaly oposed!

H mean's Horazontaly oposed.

And Boxer is Horazontaly oposed.

I don't like the thought some say Flat-6! It sound's something for a Dodge, Honda or Ford!! Maybe because i'm thinking of a Str8t 6 and slant 6! And flat just seem's to fit in there! But since Gloyale explaned it to me i know now what i dident before!!:lol:

Hey don't feel bad! I'm really dumb today. I don't know why? I feel really grogy and i can't type!:-\ All i did last night was strip and wax a building from 7:00PM to 4:00AM i did 3 offices and a T shaped hallway.

So i'm an idiot too!

Porsche engines dont sound the same as a subaru, It is slightly because of their different combustion chambers but, they have 2 headers instead of one. If you were to put an unequal length header on a porsche, it would growl the nice subie sound!!!

Hey don't feel bad! I'm really dumb today. I don't know why? I feel really grogy and i can't type!:-\ All i did last night was strip and wax a building from 7:00PM to 4:00AM i did 3 offices and a T shaped hallway.

So i'm an idiot too!

sorry to rain on your parade some more but it's

"horizontal" :Flame:

But we get the picture. boxing_smiley.gif

sign.... ok back to work.

BW

Another common mistake people make is thinking the good noise of an engine comes out the exhaust.. I said to a mate once, Loud exhausts are like singing out your arse, where as the good noise comes from the intake.

yesssssssssssssssss

I like the sound of a totaly stock engine! Weather it's a Subaru, Nissan, Mitsubishi, ect.... There's just somthing about the sound of a stock engine being pushed! Ya know what i mean!?

And what do you mean it's Horazontal? It's Hopazontaly!!! Like Horazontaly opposed!!!:)