Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Free Car

ok so i found another free car i am havinga hard time figuring out if i want to make the 82 my nice car or my new free 1980 DL-5 2wd 1600 it is really sweet really straight and just need front seats my 82 needs a fender and a hood and all taht but it has quad headlights and i like the look of those what do you guys think i will post picks of them both tomorow

why not make them both nice???? Just a little extra money here to fix that scratch or whatever you get what I mean.

But I think your first car that YOU bought with your own money and you spent time working on it should be the winner, I mean my first car is really really important to me, I wouldnt care if it has a billion door dings, if you give it a door ding and think its nothing, I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE.......... am I right in thinking this???

the 82 isnt my first car its problably my 15th or so but it has alot of body damge. but the 80 is the one i choose its a 1980 subaru gl-5 2wd 5speed 1600 ea71 needs front seats and the dash pad is all cracked but i have all theas parts the body is straight and this is what made me choose it over the 82. i am the third owner i found in the back of the car all of the original pappers for the car the build sheet,the original features sheet from the window at the dealership,the options install sheet, the boshure. and alot more it has all the hubcaps and chrome rings. recently replaced and recorded of new rad.new cv joints and new exhaust. and much more. :clap:

and my car even has its origional front emblem.... WHAT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it even has the original VIN number.......... I am toataly the weeenier :clap:

You just hold onto your computer chair... I'm uploading a few pics I just took...

:lol: yeah well i have the original key for mine booyah and the tool kit and the jack under the hood and and and the chrome roof rack an an an uh chrome wings and caps yeah yeah what.

some how after all i have said ther is still a large void inside me :-\

ok ok i get the point sorry if i sounded braggy. im just really exited about this car its so dare i say it (((((((((((cute))))))))))))) i love it :):banana:

So?? wheres pics of this said car huh?huh?:grin:

Oh and I love the window sticker..back when new cars were actually affordable

I know this will burst your "all original" bubble' date=' but I think that quad lights can retrofit over to the 80 front end.

BW[/quote']

I know it can, my 87 hatch is a std model. 2 round headlights. Its been converted to four eyes.

you know i was actually thinking of that but i have a third eye id like to put in it and the third eye wouldent work with the qwad lights. they have a difrent shape to the inside of the headlight rims

Yes it will... Carfreak85, and Crazy D's 84 wagons both have third eyes, just to name a few...