Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turning 29" SSR TSL's

bigo1966

I just mounted them on my first subaru, soon to be the buggyroo. BAsically when im done is going to be the closest you can get to a street legal ATV. ITs a EA82 D/R with a 5 speed. I havent had a chance to drive it yet. I need to finish building it. Im trying to find out how well the car will handle the tires as far as power goes for 4x4ing in 4-low. Does anyone know the final drive ratio in 4-low in first gear XX:1?

Thanks

Orion

Denver Colorado

Dang, i figured that was going to be the answer. Oh well its still going to be fun. Ide rather spend 1-2k on this project and have it street legal than on a Rhino or equivalent. What does 1st gear max out at with the 29's? Ill have to post some pics soon. AS of right now all that is left is the seats and the firewall forward. im going to move the radiator, run snowplow headlights, and just have a good time building up the smallest 4x4 i can.

O

I need to post some pics up soon. After this weekend most likely. Ill let you know when she is road worthy. Ide say you can come up anytime and check it out, but im going to be gone these next 3 weekends. So maybe during the week after work next week or so.

Orion

So, is SSR TSL an oxymoron or what? Doesn't the "R" stand for radial?

I know what the TSL means, but don't they usually put that on the side of the bias ply swampers?

Triple Stage Lug.

Super Swamper Radial, Three Stage Lug

--Spiffy

• 3 weeks later...

Those tires are realy good on about every surface exept tarmac!!

About the gearing

I did have those exact tires on my brat with a 6" lift.. The gearing is a bit high but if you let a lot of air out of them (I was running the offroad with less than 10psi) the car will perform realy good as the gearing will be bether and the footprint of the tires wil be huge. My oppinion: It's worth it.

If you want you can check out my youtube movies of the car: