Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Love the sound of the stock EA82!

I like my ea81 with the hole by the resinator and in the muffler:headbang:

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

who needs to spend big money of fancy exhausts..just poke a hole in it somewhere and there ya go:)

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: ER27 with the muffler just "set" on the pipe..not welded ..pppuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

who needs to spend big money of fancy exhausts..just poke a hole in it somewhere and there ya go:)

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: ER27 with the muffler just "set" on the pipe..not welded ..pppuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I fixed the leak up at the manifold last night, so she doesn't sound like absolute crap...

sitting at a red light with a CRX sitting next to me with a fart muffler... revving away. I give it a quick redline... I must have embarassed him because he stopped revving. EA82+half a muffler=the equation needed to eliminate the oh so annoying sound of fart cans. Them ricers ain't got nuttin' on Soobies.:grin:

I can't say it sounds better, not worse though. Just different than an ea82. With the hole in the muffler it has that baby wrx sound to it. Soon enough though it'll be getting a whole new exhaust(read ej swap) so I'm not so worried about the rest of it.

Ya know what it is! It's the displacement! Honda doesent have what it takes!

Okay, you've said this twice. What do you mean? Displacement in a motor is reffering to the swept volume of the cylinders. And there are lots of Honda motors out there in the same size range as our 1.8 liter (109 CI) (altough not in a crx IIRC) they had 1.5 liter.

Not to bust you're chops or anything, just trying to make sure you really know what displacement is.

Okay, you've said this twice. What do you mean? Displacement in a motor is reffering to the swept volume of the cylinders. And there are lots of Honda motors out there in the same size range as our 1.8 liter (109 CI) (altough not in a crx IIRC) they had 1.5 liter.

Not to bust you're chops or anything, just trying to make sure you really know what displacement is.

Yeah, I mean I've got two 1.8 liter honda blocks in my building. One made 130hp stock, the other made 170hp.

I don't have any notions that my 1.8L can do anything of the sort.

I doubt a CRX could beat a Loyale! Have you seen the way alot of these Ricer's have it set up? With those big-rump roast stupid mufflers and dumb underglow kits, Hahahahahahaha!

I know the 88 CRX has about 120PS but look at how most of there are takin' care of!:-\

Not to defend anyone..but my EJ18 Imp can run circles around my Loyale..and in reality..a CRX can toast a Loyale..cept when it snows..then our EA82s car roast almost anything ( cept other subarus) But look at it this way...yup..that CRX can eat you alive...but us EA82 owners can haul a refridgerater ( and look like one too);) ..now stuff that into your CRX :lol: :lol: