Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What are these donkywongles?

Donkeywongle is as technical of a term as I could think of. What are these, and what do they do? My '95 didn't have them.

And what does this big plastic box do except look like it's probably expensive if you drop your 5 lb mallet on it and crack it?

intake.jpg

Yeah, as Bratman said, the airbox actually helps low-end torque, because there's a reserve of air in that box that is available instantaneously when you open the throttle.

Unfortunately, the trade-off is that the incoming air is slowed down, so it hurts high-end power.

That's why people who switch to cone air filters and intakes constantly bemoan a loss of low-end torque.

All this, however, as it appears to be a legimitate post, was actually only a clever way of saying that zstalker has an awesome avatar. One of my fave CD's ev4r.

Yeah, as Bratman said, the airbox actually helps low-end torque, because there's a reserve of air in that box that is available instantaneously when you open the throttle.

Unfortunately, the trade-off is that the incoming air is slowed down, so it hurts high-end power.

That's why people who switch to cone air filters and intakes constantly bemoan a loss of low-end torque.

All this, however, as it appears to be a legimitate post, was actually only a clever way of saying that zstalker has an awesome avatar. One of my fave CD's ev4r.

Yep, low end torque is lost when you use a cone filter/aftermarket thing, but it come back w/a high flow 2.5 inch catback exhaust..:banana:

That and you get this awesome boxer growl....

Man I loved it when I was single and didn't have to worry about someone saying... "your car's too loud"

:-\