Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So my uncle's got this 2003/2004 WRX that he leased and then bought. He's 77 and an experienced fast driver. From Lakeview to Ontario he let me drive. This car is just too stinkin easy to speed in, I had a hard time keeping it under 80 (My Soob: 65hp, his Soob: 227) So anyway I'm doing my best to resist the urge to open it up (knowing uncle Lee would be totally fine with it didn't help) until we get to this straight as far as the eye can see and he says "Now would be a good time to go fast/go 100/ something like that" So I did! I kept it down until 123mph and broke my personal speed record. It had waaaay more left in it but there was a curve ahead.

WRX1.jpg?t=1186282971

wrx2.jpg?t=1186283313

DIE bugs!

WRX3.jpg?t=1186283327

Oh yeah and that speeding part was all done on a closed course, of course.

Lucky you!!! Thats one of my dream Subarus..that and/or a yellow Baja ( but then again..I want to have one of every Subaru). I kinda understand ya though..when I drive my Imp you can't tell have fast you are going its so smooth..yet my other 2 ( specially the Loyale) you feel like you are going fast when you are doing 40:rolleyes:

So my uncle's got this 2003/2004 WRX that he leased and then bought. He's 77 and an experienced fast driver. From Lakeview to Ontario he let me drive. This car is just too stinkin easy to speed in, I had a hard time keeping it under 80 (My Soob: 65hp, his Soob: 227) So anyway I'm doing my best to resist the urge to open it up (knowing uncle Lee would be totally fine with it didn't help) until we get to this straight as far as the eye can see and he says "Now would be a good time to go fast/go 100/ something like that" So I did! I kept it down until 123mph and broke my personal speed record. It had waaaay more left in it but there was a curve ahead.

Oh yeah and that speeding part was all done on a closed course, of course.

awesome dude! The fastest speed you've ever gone is 123mph? Granted that's fast but I've done 163mph on my 99 GSXR 750 using a satelite speedo wich is withing 1mph accurate. That's fast and scarry as hell lol, my friends done 206mph on his Busa

LOL,

Great Uncle. If memory serves, the 02ish WRX's were electronically(or drag?) limited to 130mph. Glad to hear that you were "supervised" and sensible enough to try it on a wide open and clear straightaway. Now that I'm older and wiser (ha!) I no longer indulge in top speed blasts. I just get my yucks with 0-60 sprints on the advice of my lawyers...

Finsol:

That's nuts. You would get along nicely with some of my motorcycle addled friends. It's not fair to compare motorcycles with cars given that ridiculous power-to-weight ratio advantage you motorcycle miscreants enjoy. Hope you were wearing a helmet and body armor during that high speed blast. Bugs kind of hurt at that speed amoung other things. Did you sign your donor form on your license:rolleyes: