Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Look Ma!! No Daylight Anymore!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surely didnt take any offence to any of the comments....but then again..I am about un offendable:grin: .

And I didnt even realize my thong was hanging out:rolleyes: :o :o sowwy!!! I hate having my picture taken and Tommy is such a sneak.He always picks the worst moments...like that one..90 degrees out..dirty..sweaty..etc.

OK Shannon..now get out an fix the hatch..you dont want to be shown up by a girl now do ya:grin:

And I didnt even realize my thong was hanging out:rolleyes: :o :o sowwy!!! :grin:

You are such the LIAR! :lol: :lol:

l_9ad2eb03a0f6f0d3e9ddcff2d8683978.jpg

Anywho, Bucky is looking great (never doubted you) and do not sell the Imp. If anything should happen (knock on wood it doesn't) and you don't have the "back up" car you will be going crazy again. We don't want that. You've got this job so now just remember the redneck budget and all will be fine.

Well, let see. The cats were hyper and decided to use my face as a race track (guess they wanted to relive X13) at 7am, then I couldn't fall back to sleep so I decided to mess around before work (work = joke) got here at 10am (figured I come in at the normal time) and now 45 minutes later I'm finished and am heading home to do whatever.

Inefficient my butt.

Is no one else concerned about the un-supported brake hose transition (from steel to flex line)?

(whenever I try this stuff it usually fails in short order)

I made triple sure when I did the swap that nothing was hitting movine etc ..there are step by step instructions on how to do the swap ( here on the board somewhere..I printed them out and they are added to my manuals)and there is no mention of supporting the line..plus the steel line is all there was to the wheel cylinder of the old drum brakes so there is enough flex to the system to allow for the suspension travel.

The concern I have is a length (6") of steel, roughly 3/16, brake line hanging mid-air with a collection of fittings on the end of it, with no support to be expected from the rubber hose. As I said, whenever I do this I can expect a fracture, even if you had directed the steel line forward and doubled back to hook to the flex line, and zip tied it to the suspension arm (though a welded bracket would be ideal), you would lessen the unsupported weight of the mid-air fittings.

I am not trying to be critical, just worrying about safety.

I honestly dont think the half an ounce weight of that fitting is going to cause a fracture..I think bending the old steel line more then you have to would be more likely to cause a weak spot and future failure. Plus that steel line is run through a hole in the control arm. But to each there own..I followed know step by step directions exactly..and if no one else has had a problem:rolleyes:

You are such the LIAR! :lol: :lol:

l_9ad2eb03a0f6f0d3e9ddcff2d8683978.jpg

Anywho, Bucky is looking great (never doubted you) and do not sell the Imp. If anything should happen (knock on wood it doesn't) and you don't have the "back up" car you will be going crazy again. We don't want that. You've got this job so now just remember the redneck budget and all will be fine.

busted again lol

...And I know I'm partial color blind and all, but those springs don't look yellow to me, just a little rusty... However if they were yellow, there would be a horsepower joke inserted here-->

Why the Yellow colour got Jokes? ...

I`m a li`l Lost in Translation... :confused: ...and I Got a Yellow Wagon, I think Yellow is Nice!

(Also, Emoticons are Yellow too often :) )

Why Yellow got Jokes? ... I`m a li`l Lost in Translation... :confused: ...and I Got a Yellow Wagon, I think Yellow is Nice! (Also, Emoticons are Yellow too often :) )

Jeszek... its a joke Shannon and me have between ourselves...Its kinda like the jokes about decals add horsepower...cause people put them on for items their cars dont even have. Alot of these "ricer" kids get their cars painted yellow and add a bunch of useless things ( like wings etc) to make their cars "look" faster but in reality they arent..and like I said Shannon and me have been joking about yellow since I painted my XT6 yellow...its all in playing around:) :burnout: