Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all, I have a 93 impreza 1.8, starts great first thing runs and idles well, but then after it has been driven a while, when I go to restart it just cranks and cranks, have to pump the gas some to get it started. Once it is started again it runs fine. Put in new batt. just for ample crank, replaced fuel filter, plugs, wires, ran two bottles of injector cleaner through, and it is still giving me problems after its warmed up. The problem started about 3 weeks ago and has just become more frequent. Any ideas as to what this might be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

YOu may have to find a chicken to slaughter to pull the codes from the ECU.

I forget the ritual for a obdI but it involves a chicken, some candles, and i think an eye of newt.

Do a search here, someplace or someone will tell you how to check the codes. Thats a good place to start.

Its going to be an intermittent failure whic can be a pita. The crank sesnor controls spark, the cam controls fuel.

nipper

It does sound like a fuel problem, I remember last year at my vocational tech school (EVIT) my instructor had a guy come in with a GMC Sierra and he said that when He comes back to it after it has sit for like 15 mins or something, that it takes just a little bit longer for it to start, my instuctor said it was the checkvalve on the regulator and he was right, Im not familier with the 1.8s but this toatally sounds like fuel pressure is bleeding...