Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Center Cap Differences?

I went to the junkyard today to look around and found 2 brand new sets of center caps and lug nuts. The center caps are different so I wanted to see if anyone knew why. I thought Subaru only made one style of center cap.

center_3.jpg

center_2.jpg

center_1.jpg

I've never seen those kind before? All i've seen are the flat aluiminum ones for the Loyale and the other one's are a little more cone like for the 88-89 GL!

I'd like to get the one's for the GL but the Loyale has that centering ring in the rear so they won't fit!! I guess i'll have to get the stock Loyale ones! Or nothingm at all!

Yeah the silver steelies! I know i'm the same way! I have to do it even if someone say's it won't work! Unless it's something really notisable! Yeah if could find four i'd put them on!!:headbang:

I've only got about 15 of the ea81 style:lol: . I also have a few of those steelies here too. too bad I don't have an ea82 rear barke drum though to give them a good test... I could test on the steelie/ea81 drum tomorrow

EDIT::: I'll take a center cap with me if I go junk yarding tomorrow...

I know that both of them fit on my 1990 loyal turbo (rear disk). I just can't believe that I fount 2 brand new sets sitting in the back of a wagon at the junkyard. They were still wrapped up. I can't wait to put them on my freshly painted rims. I'm going to give the other set to my buddy. So I guess that the smoother one with the bigger logo in the center are from gen 3 subarus and the other is from a gen 2.