Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WTF WAS SUBARU THINKING?! )(*!^#(*^(*@^$@!^%#@^%@

so

the story, went to the dealer the other day w/ the woman, we were looking at some 03-05 impreza wagons, and i noticed something odd in the corner of the lot... it was an 08 WRX.... UHG! at first i saw the pics, and you know.. i was like, you know.. i could be ok, whatever, i'll wait till i see it in person... and BARF! it looks like a freaking Vibe with a hood scoop.... or a mazda 3... come on subaru, get a grib... gross....

they also had a regular impreza there... and.. ewww same deal...

i don't think i'm ever going to own an 08+ impreza.....

sorry if i hurt your feelings, but gross!!! :Flame:

:-p

i kind of feel the same way. i don't think they're too bad, but i'm not in love with the design.

the wrx is subaru's flagship race machine, so i have a feeling they were trying to make it more attractive to the rest of the tuner crowd.

It will make it easier for the two dealers I usually go to. They have twin VW dealers next door. Just line those barfy new Imprezas up with the Jettas and sell them to the kids. Call them AWD Jettas.

The design change is why I went for a Special Edition 07 Impreza sedan with all the bells and whistles. I think this is one of the best cars ever made by Subaru and it still resembles the 1996 Impreza wagon that my wife drives.

My personal opinion on them is ..I like the sedan better then the 5 door...but they are terribly boring now...no style..just..BLAHHH!! They look like everything else out there now. They had one at WBM in Mass and I saw the pics of it and...it was just so boring..

Oh boy, here we go again. Complain, complain, complain.

People that started out buying 2008 Impreza's will be complaining about the 2024's when they come out...

Porsche owners did/do the same thing. Every new Porsche was NOT a real Porsche. In fact, they did it when they introduced the 911.......

I hope my point has been made. :rolleyes:

I understand why they went with the design change.

When the 2000's design imprezas came out, people didn't much care for them either, but they definitely grew on people because even though it was a bit too different, it became SUBARU different.

This new generation is supposed to make EVERYONE happy. However, it seems like Subaru has lost some of their identity in making a generic body style.

Now that it looks so generic, people want the originality back.

It's what made a Subaru, a Subaru

$.02 for you.

Once again, I think the scribes at Car and Driver said it best:

"... Unfortunately, something went awry with the exterior styling. Although the original car was hardly the Halle Berry of automotive beauty, the 2008 Impreza is from the Hieronymus Bosch School. The Premium package includes an aero styling kit—front-lip and trunklid tail spoilers and side skirts—that’s akin to adding makeup to a toad..."

Thanks to the 2008, I don't think my 2002 WRX is so fuggly. Also, the Alfa-nosed WRX looks positively stlyish and original (OK, appeallingly weird) compared to the derivative 2008 design.

Fortunately for us Subie fans, it's what's inside that counts.

are they still going to make a sti?the new wrx needs a big sti wing on the back and big scoop on the hood.:lol:

I think I would have to put my eyes out. The closest thing I can image resembles I a riced-out camry.

I really wish they would just pull out the 2k4 (my personal favorite year) molds and add a few updates.

On the upside, the new engine is supposed to reach peak torque a lot faster than the previous year.

I like the hatchback version of the WRX.

I own a 2004 WRX wagon 5MT and think all the current 2002-2007 are not pretty (sorry folks). So personally I don't see much difference in looks. I love my WRX wagon for a bit of utility and hoot to drive in twisties and above 3500RPM.

I would love to upgrade to lower noise, smoother ride, better power curve(peak torque at 2800RPM!!!) and yes auto tranny(sport shift) if Subaru has figured out how to couple a turbo engine to a slush box.

However I am allergic to car payments (both Subaru's paid for :) )