Ultimate Subaru Message Board

nope, not the same.

it probably could work, but i'd be careful about boosting it. the NA blocks are quite solid and handle boost well...for an NA block, i know others that have turboed their NA blocks. and you'll need to address the oil and coolant supply to the turbo, the NA block won't have the oil supply and return lines.

You'll have to either get custom, or modify the headgaskets. And then you run into the problem of the ej22 heads pumping the compression way up when put onto the ej25. You'd need aftermarket pistons for that.

I've got a spare ej22t shortblock that I'd let go pretty reasonable to a good home if interested pm me.

pay the money for a known good EJ22T. if that's not a good option then look into an NA install, i know people have turboed and supercharged the NA blocks very reliably. myxyphlyx...i still can't get his username straight, i probably know him the best of all the board members...anyway, he ran his 1997 OBS NA with a turbo and nitrous years ago, raced it and loved it. he still owns the car and has the turbo stuff still removed, car is in great shape. i wouldn't push it, but they are very easy to find. start a new thread if an NA block is a better option for you, just need to find someone who's done it, NASIOC may be a place to look if you can't find much here. but i would anticipate some not so friendly remarks!