Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does Subaru offer manufacturing tours??

Yes they do. If you go to the Subaru Indiana Web site, there is a link to the tours somewhere in there. It has the days and times they run tours. You have to apply in advance I believe, at least 24 hrs (like you can't just show up). I think that's for security. If you just google Subaru Indiana you will find the site.

http://www.subaru-sia.com/community/tour_inter.htm

Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.

Conducts public tours, at no cost, on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9:30 a.m.

Click HERE to receive a tour request form. This form must be faxed to 765.772.7178 within 24hrs of your requested tour date. You can also email HERE and request a tour.

You can expect to walk 1 mile on our elevated catwalk tour. A guide will lead you through the plant where you will see production of body panels in Stamping, welding of the vehicles in Body Assembly, finished paint in our Paint section, final assembly in Trim & Final, and testing in our Tester Line.

You are encouraged to wear closed-toe shoes and be ready to negotiate the catwalk to include 90 up-and-down steps while walking through the plant. We can accommodate up to 7 persons at a time that may experience difficulty with the walk by using a golf cart.

Hey, if anyone does the tour be sure to post your impressions and any highlights here. Should be interesting.

I took an auto plant tour in Indiana when I was a kid, it was in South Bend--the Studebaker factory!!!

We went on the tour with the SVX 10th Anniversary Meet that we had in Lafayette, back in 2002, was really cool to see....anyone that is nearby, and into Subarus really ought to try to go.

• 5 weeks later...