Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Onto Driving a New Gen Daily

My 93 Imp is officially legal today....so now I really get to see the differece in the New gen to the Old...I think my XT6 knew today was his last day as Daily Driver and he was suckin down the gas...Garaged from now on and retired to restored show car:banana: .

Tommorrow I will try and get Pheebie emission tested..she should pass since she just passed a NY emissions a couple months ago..and in a week or two I will try and do the timing belt.

My 93 Imp is officially legal today....so now I really get to see the differece in the New gen to the Old...I think my XT6 knew today was his last day as Daily Driver and he was suckin down the gas...Garaged from now on and retired to restored show car:banana: .

Tommorrow I will try and get Pheebie emission tested..she should pass since she just passed a NY emissions a couple months ago..and in a week or two I will try and do the timing belt.

I went to get my SVX tested today. Didnt make it:-\

Went and put fresh gas in it and headed down the street for the bank. Got to the corner where the light was red and it stalled:rolleyes: Took 5 tries before it woudl keep running. After that it was leaking tranny fluid on the exhaust and smoking, so I said the heel with it. It needs lots of work still.

Have fun with Pheeb, glad you got a good runner now.

And now you can pimp out Rocky!:headbang:

Congrats Connie. I bet it feels like a different world in there compared to Rocky and Bucky.

ps. if you read this before you go to work in the morning, drop me a pm and remind me to call about those bloody wheels. Its been a long hecitc week...

I After that it was leaking tranny fluid on the exhaust and smoking,

LMAO..ask Melis about SVXs leaking tranny fluid and smoking up a storm;) ..she just experienced that herself.

Nice thing about Pheebs is she is a great runner...throw out bearing is noisy but clutch doesnt slip. And third gear is alittle tricky...will have to put new shifter bushings in..but all in all she is a decent car.

LMAO..ask Melis about SVXs leaking tranny fluid and smoking up a storm;) ..she just experienced that herself.

Yeah, but this wasn't just a small leak. This was hose clamp broke, hose came off metal pipe thinger and tranny fluid ran out until bone dry:rolleyes: The torque converter was empty and so the only thing the car would do is revvvvvv. Lots of freaking out going on that day/night.

Anywho, Connie is Legal Connie is legal neener neener pooh pooh :-p Ganna go to Harry's geeettt her some parrrrts.:clap:

And third gear is alittle tricky...will have to put new shifter bushings in..but all in all she is a decent car.

Just a another point on that... the tranny mount is guaranteed to be shot. Replace with a new one if possible, will make a world of difference. If its Awd 5 speed, a Group-N mount is made for it. And put some fresh tranny fluid in there.

Doing this with the new shifter bushings should make it feel better than new (especially with a Group-N mount).

Yeah, but this wasn't just a small leak. This was hose clamp broke, hose came off metal pipe thinger and tranny fluid ran out until bone dry:rolleyes: The torque converter was empty and so the only thing the car would do is revvvvvv. Lots of freaking out going on that day/night.

Anywho, Connie is Legal Connie is legal neener neener pooh pooh :-p Ganna go to Harry's geeettt her some parrrrts.:clap:

Do me a favor? I heard there might be a SVX in Harrys. If its got grey interior and hasnt been cannabilized yet, grab the sun visors for me. I could ask for more, but I dont want you to spend all your time trying to get stuff off it:-p

Do me a favor? I heard there might be a SVX in Harrys. If its got grey interior and hasnt been cannabilized yet, grab the sun visors for me. I could ask for more, but I dont want you to spend all your time trying to get stuff off it:-p

Rob....I would bend over backwards and go to the end of the earth for you sweety..I might go this weekend..or maybe next..if there is something there you know I will grab it for you

And BTW..Pheebs passed her Emmissions test today with flying colors!!!!!