Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey fella's:

My gearbox on my `94 Legacy 5 spd, is a bit clunky. I was gonna check the gearbox fluid level. On my old 5spd Loyale if you removed the spare wheel behind/over the engine there was a dipstick that I could check that with. Unfortunately I have no Haynes manual for my Legacy and don't know where to look!?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

-Gareth

Hey fella's:

My gearbox on my `94 Legacy 5 spd, is a bit clunky. I was gonna check the gearbox fluid level. On my old 5spd Loyale if you removed the spare wheel behind/over the engine there was a dipstick that I could check that with. Unfortunately I have no Haynes manual for my Legacy and don't know where to look!?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

-Gareth

The check stick is basically in the same place on your Legacy, as it was on your loyale

Found it, and thanks. It was right on a shade under low explaining the clunking noise and the slightly difficult engagement of reverse and first!

-G

The check stick is basically in the same place on your Legacy, as it was on your loyale

Hi:

There's an audible click or light clunk when I put my car into reverse to back out of the car port. The side wall of the carport amplyfies the sound I'm certain.

Should the gearbox fluid level be checked in the morning beore starting? I went to pick up stuff at the hardware store and checked it when it came out, it read ok. Last night it read low. It was sitting on a slight uphill but nothing major.

The clutch is also grabby causing some engine shaking when I have to feather the clutch, usually because a guy in front of me is indecisive in a left turn at an intersection.

Any ideas?

-Gareth