Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cant get the struts out!!!!!

im posting this bacuase i want to see if anybody else has any ideas on how to get these damn things out.

Ea81 wagon(was lifted)

if been trying to get the struts out so i can get the strut tower lift blocks out. i left the nuts on the top loose(but still on) on pass. side, and off on divers side, took out the 2 little bolts that go to the strut and steering knuckle....and jumped on it, hit it with stufff,,,, and they wont come out....i really need these outta here so i can sell the wagon to get some cash.....any suggestions?

-thanks

-Dalton

Struts with the block on them are a pain in the rump roast.

You should have removed them when you had the engine crossmember unbolted. Remove the struts from the steering knuckles, lower the engine crossmember. Then unbolt the struts (the blocks from the body) and remove the strut/block as a combo.

Remove the block from the strut, re-install the strut minus block.

-Brian

if you haven`t already spray the hell out of it with wd40 just for luck.

then take a flat end crow bar or big screw driver and shove the end of it into the little slot where the bolt usually clamps the bottom of the strut down. then try prying it apart in whatever way you can while a buddy jumps on the hub. that should work. make sure the bottom bolts are completly out.