Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2007 Outback Bug deflec Issues!!

So i putthe deflector on just like they say too (i did the same thing on my 01 and on my older Trooper) Hood will not close took off the front grill, still will not close, was thinking it was the rubber gasket hitting the top of the grill, ajusted the two rubber height adjusters on each side of the body, closes fine, put grill back on still will not close:eek: . out of ideas now.

HELP!!!!!!:dead::confused:

Where is it hitting? You may have to get on your knees and watch the hood close to try to see where the contact points are.

I put one on '00obw; it was a little tricky because the directions were pictures only with weird arrows and stuff that were kind of ambigious...I didn't remove the nuts it showed for the grill because they were siezed.

I have a factory bugshield on my 07 OBW that I installed myself. I can't see where you could have a problem with shutting the hood if its installed correctly. I'm not trying to be a smart a** here, trust me. The black metal U-shaped clip wraps around the black plastic spacer with just the short end of the metal clip on the underside of the hood edge. The plastic spacer and the top of the metal clip are supposed to be on the top of the hood. Then the screw goes through the acrylic deflector, the top of the metal clip and anchors into the plastic spacer. This all allows the bug shield to sit about a half inch above the hood. With just the short end of the matal clip going around the hood lip and then under the hood, there is no way for it to interfere with closing the hood. It almost sounds like you have the plastic spacer on the underside of the hood, and that most definitely would prevent the hood from closing. I hope this is of some help. If not, get back to us and I'll post a picture of one of the mounting points, or email one to you. Good Luck!

Exactly how i have it installed. the aera where it seems to hit is above the grill, where you take out the plastic clips/plugs and replace them with the white plugs with the grooves, which i might add were a pain to put in as they spinned. I ended up putting two washers ont eh hood latch to lower the latching point. My dad used to work in a body shop then went on to restore classic cars, 1939 or less was classic to them anythine else was not a classic go figure! So after doing this all the hood lines are perfect and line up and it latches better. i think the white plugs/mounting screws may be the issue. thoughts? Now it closes with pressure ont he hood, not the sheild. Thaks for the imput and more would be appreciated:headbang: