Ultimate Subaru Message Board

think my gl has the hick ups?!?!?!?!?

ok here is the deal. i am driving to work. minding my own buisness when i noticed the car buck like it was misfiring. but only once and kept going.

so futher on to work, a few minutes later buck and i noticed that the tach jumped the same time the car bucked. she never stopped running or anything. just kinda wondering. :eek: did she drink to much the night before? :rolleyes:

thanks for your help! btw. alt new and optima red top both about a year old. all just checked and charging. no less than three weeks ago.

Lucky 13 :cool:

check your plug wires, make sure they are snug. if they is, check the rotor in the disty. if thats good, your disty might be going/went ka-boinky. my gl had the hick-ups once , turned out the screw that holds the rotor in place backed out and casued the rotor to wiggle around and the timing got all wacky.

hope that made sense....:-\

My XT6 was doing that for months and I believe it was the coil starting to self destruct...of course months later it did thats how I found out it was bad. Havent had the issue since..except I sometimes get the same feeling in all 3 Subarus when the compressor for the AC/Defroster kicks on

My XT6 was doing that for months and I believe it was the coil starting to self destruct...of course months later it did thats how I found out it was bad. Havent had the issue since..except I sometimes get the same feeling in all 3 Subarus when the compressor for the AC/Defroster kicks on

I'm going to tenatively agree with Bucky92 and say coil or at least coil related issue. The fact that the tach jumped is an indicator. If it was a fuel issue the tach would be unaffected. Check the connections for the disty and coil, and check for codes.