Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Leone vs. Nissan Skyline you tube

the caption of the video said 1800....

I don't want to actually express doubt; EJ is certainly the obvious call to make, but it said 1800 turbo. thats it.

start with a 2500 pound car, we have no idea if anything was stripped out of it, it isnt THAT hard to remove the speakers and AC and rear seat and passenger seat and etc etc... and just because the EA82T isnt the most RELIABLE engine to mod does not mean it is impossible to make power with it.

170 wheel horses would make a 2200 pound leone scoot like a bat out of hell, and he only posted a 12.99..

(you guys DO still run 1/4 mile drag strip, right?? its not like, a half kilometer or something metric like that is it?)

I am more disappointed in the show but no go of the skyline. 13.5?? feh. gimme an RB in my 280Z and I'll push that mutha down into low 12s EASY. Of course, the turning of the wheel is the important part.

IMSA_logo.jpg

I watched this vid 4 times and I believe that was only an 1/8th mile track...I could be wrong but...from being an X drag racer ( had a 71 Mach 1 Mustang with a 429CJ w/ blower..doing 1/4s in the high 9-low 10s) It just looked too small to be a quarter mile.

Its great though seeing a Subaru whoop-up on a car that costs 100X more:headbang:

Dont remember alot of info on this, but its owned locally by a NWIC member.

skylinesunset.jpg

Not bad for a cell phone pic:-p

Ok, did a little searching.

Its a 89 GT-R32

Belongs to BREWPUBEAVER (Dave).

I took the pic at the Tacoma Krispy Kreams parking lot during a Thurs night meet.

I watched this vid 4 times and I believe that was only an 1/8th mile track...I could be wrong but...
Nah, our miles are shorter here! :lol: I'm pretty sure it's a 1/4..

EA82T from Aussie. He was on the board awhile ago. Search for QikRXturbo

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21362

:rolleyes: Search FTW....

Pretty sure it's not that car. I was told on AUSubaru it was a full WRX conversion. Maybe that was by someone who likes Nissan's?

Guys wont believe me but I actually seen an R32 today on the interstate. Graphite color, guy rocking the RHD. I about ruined my pants cause I know the story of those things.

Guess a WRX swap is an appropriate assumption?

at my school EVIT, last year some kid brought in his neighbors R34 TT (stupid newbies at my school couldnt belive that 1 big turbo could possibly be better than 2 tiny ones... It was extreemly clean though