Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I Won!!

Thats right. After 3 years of seriously showing my car, this weekend, I took home my first trophy (non-WCSS).

At Battle of the Imports@Pacific Raceways in WA I won Best Overall Truck/SUV.

Here is a pic from my first ever Hot Import Nights in 2004:

overboostwagon.jpg

Here are a shot from Driven To Perform in Vancouver, BC from earlier this year:

wagondtparmin.jpg

Import Motion this year in Seattle, WA:

wagonimportmotion07.jpg

And here's a couple from this years Hot Import Nights in Seattle, WA:

183323519-M.jpg

183321571-M.jpg

183324918-M.jpg

183325211-M.jpg

And finally, here is a couple from Battle of the Imports this past weekend:

190825624-M.jpg

190825283-M.jpg

Congrats on the win!!!!!!

Very nice..clean with character.... noticed the .net changed to .org on the side and the dent!

My first H.I.N. (Hot Import Nights) show was in Seattle about 04', (visit, no car to show) just about the time I got my first Brat. I have been to lots of car shows but nothing ever like that before!..:eek: sorry to say I left before the pole dancers!... pole dancers? NO one told me there was going to be pole dancers at 10p.m, (my bedtime) yea.... that is one wild car show they put on.:cool:

Oh......... mmmmmmmmm...HIN girls.........

Great job Chris, but I still am left with a question. When was the last time that poor subaru was driven hard offroad? Show the URX, not the wag man! :lol:

Last time was more than a year ago... However I did take it up that little hill climb at this years WCSS.

The big problem is after RIPPING the front drivers side radius rod plate out multiple times offroading it just won't hold up to the abuse anymore. Even after through bolting it into the body with custom fatty washers. If I had enough motivation, I probally could re-engineer some portions, and do some welding straight to the unibody that may help... But then i'd just be out there being left behind by Toyota's. I don't want to be that guy that everyone is waiting on and making fun of, or worse... I don't want to be that guy that nobody waits for.

Ultimate is no where near show quality.

Reason 1 - Paint... needs a wet sand atleast, but i'm doubting it will ever be "glossy"

Reason 2 - Questionable build quality (example: the shift linkage just broke where it had been cut, sleeved for extra length, and rewelded.)

Reason 3 - No WOW factor. Nobody knows what the car is, most walk right by it without thinking twice.

Reason 4 - 75% of the work isn't mine. I don't like taking credit for other peoples work (good or bad) and thus, have a problem really standing behind it and trying to show it off.

That being said, I immensely enjoy the car for doing what I bought it for. Driving it.