Ultimate Subaru Message Board

An Exciting day at the Junkyard today

So me, my GF, and my GF's brother all head out to Newark Picknpull to discover about 7-8 Loyales. Scored myself a newish radio, and 4 upper door panels for $35, didn't manage to get the rear turn signal due to lack of tools / time.

Man, what a fun / dirty day. $2 is worth it in my book any day.

I'll post before / after pics in a day or two... major change.

Man, we have the opposite problem down here, Loyales are the only thing I ever find anymore. On any given trip I'd say there are probably at least 5 in the yard and most of them in pretty decent shape from what I can tell. I rarely find the EA81 stuff I need anymore though and the only brats I find are the whiny kids at the fast food joint on the way home.

Even if I don't find anything to buy I still enjoy mucking around. Yep! I love the J-Yard.

Are we diseased? last time I went to the boneyard I saw the two isuzus I always get confused (an I-mark and a stylus, I used to own a geo storm and I always forget which was the same car) SEVERAL six cylinder volvos, a turbo diesel volvo, an AMC eagle, an alfa romeo, there was a peugeot in the parking lot, a 280Z (s30 Z's have become SUPER rare down here) my ideal GL wagon (d/r, checker interior, it was loaded with options so it may have even had an LSD but i didnt look) a dodge stealth AND two mitsu 3000GTs... and more cars i cant even recall. The yards where i live have a rapid turnover rate, three weeks is pushing it...

Are we diseased? last time I went to the boneyard I saw the two isuzus I always get confused (an I-mark and a stylus, I used to own a geo storm and I always forget which was the same car) SEVERAL six cylinder volvos, a turbo diesel volvo, an AMC eagle, an alfa romeo, there was a peugeot in the parking lot, a 280Z (s30 Z's have become SUPER rare down here) my ideal GL wagon (d/r, checker interior, it was loaded with options so it may have even had an LSD but i didnt look) a dodge stealth AND two mitsu 3000GTs... and more cars i cant even recall. The yards where i live have a rapid turnover rate, three weeks is pushing it...

I see plenty of "higher end" stuff out there. Last time I saw a '99 Acura CL, 3000GT, Porsche 914, Jaguar XJ12 (the pre-Ford long sexy body style), lots of Volvos, Fiats & Alfas over the years, a few 4th gen Preludes and plenty of late 90's early 2000's Kias, Hyundais & Daewoos (not high end but late model). I also run across lots of Z's, 240 & 280 mostly but sometimes an older 300. My past few trips though I only saw one EA81 Soob (a hatch) and it didn't really have anything I needed on it.

I see plenty of "higher end" stuff out there. Last time I saw a '99 Acura CL, 3000GT, Porsche 914, Jaguar XJ12 (the pre-Ford long sexy body style), lots of Volvos, Fiats & Alfas over the years, a few 4th gen Preludes and plenty of late 90's early 2000's Kias, Hyundais & Daewoos (not high end but late model). I also run across lots of Z's, 240 & 280 mostly but sometimes an older 300. My past few trips though I only saw one EA81 Soob (a hatch) and it didn't really have anything I needed on it.

d00d I need a fuel tank sending unit out of a 77 or 78 280Z, and I just tried getting the one out here, but failed....