Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I HATE EA82Ts

i hate them i hate them i hate them with a passion. so im building an engine for The bush and i get it all built and go to put the header on come to find out the holes are stripped. so i have to pull it all apart and put another head gaskit on it and put a head i have laying around on it. and hope that it works AHHHHHH stupif freakin car. im glad im getting rid of it. now i know why you hate them caboobaroo

i hate them i hate them i hate them with a passion. so im building an engine for The bush and i get it all built and go to put the header on come to find out the holes are stripped. so i have to pull it all apart and put another head gaskit on it and put a head i have laying around on it. and hope that it works AHHHHHH stupif freakin car. im glad im getting rid of it. now i know why you hate them caboobaroo

That is hardly peculiar to EA82Ts :lol:

Don't dismantle it. Just fix it ;)

Just tap it directly with a 7/16 tap and put a standar stud in it. Works great. No need to drill, weld flanges, or helicoil at all. Certainly no need to remove the head!:eek: Just use oil and tap slowly, backing it out a few times to let out the chips. Plus doing it this way, if it strips again ever(unlikely), this way you leave Helicoil as an option for the future.

yeah its easy when you have a hellicoil or tap set but i dotn so i just did the head

You don't have a tap, but you had an extra Headgasket lying around? Please don't tell me you used the Old headgasket. Seriously, any hardware store has a 7/16 tap, and any auto parts store has a 7/16 stud. Hell in a pinch I've just run a 7/16 bolt straight into the hole(slowly, carefully)

What you did is like open heart surgery to remove a mole.

"The force is strong in you, but much to learn you have. Patience young padawan"

Snapped a WRIST PIN? Holy cow I have never seen a Subaru do that before and I have probably seen more torn down than anybody on the board minus 1-2 people TOPS.

Snapped Rods, saw one with a cracked crank, 16 bent valves and cracked pistons....but never a wrist pin. Probably the strongest thing in the engine pound for pound!

Would really love a picture of the carnage!!!