Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Case splitting.... HELP!

Ok, I did a search for this and reall didn't find anything useful. I've already been beating on it with the hammer 2x4 method, and no go. ALL the bolts are out. Been over it 6 times to be sure. I know not to try and chisel or 'wedge' it apart. I can build a tool if necessary (love to fab), but I'm wondering if somebody knows something I'm not seeing.

Did you find the "hidden" one way deep in what looks like a water jacket on the bottom right (I think) side? You can't see it without looking inside there.

You need to shine a flashlight in those areas to find it unless you know it's there. ;)

We've played this trick on noobs in our shop a zillion times. :lol:

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

Did you find the "hidden" one way deep in what looks like a water jacket on the bottom right (I think) side? You can't see it without looking inside there.

You need to shine a flashlight in those areas to find it unless you know it's there. ;)

We've played this trick on noobs in our shop a zillion times. :lol:

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

Well now.... Don't I feel like an rump roast! Thank God I went over it six times so I could miss that one! Thanks guys. I got her apart. Is there supposed to be almost 3/8" of play in the connecting rods? :dead: I'm thinking this is a bad thing. Neither the crank or the rod is salvageable. I've got new ones on the way. I just wanted to see the damage. Still ran.... Hey, when I reseal this thing, should I use red anaerobic sealer, or the 1104? I DO NOT want leaks! :Flame: