Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear Wheel Bearing removal tool?

On my old trailing arms, I got away with using a punch to get the wheel bearings free.....but these ones are much too stubborn. I contacted my local dealer about getting me the tool to remove them (Wrench 925550000 according to the '88 FSM), and he said it didn't register.

anyone know where I could get ahold of it? maybe have an updated part number?

This guy?

http://www.etoolcart.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=SU-022&btnSearch=GO&Page=1

There's several online retailers that have them. Designed mostly to be used with an impact but with care can be used with a breaker bar or 1/2" ratchet. Nice to have but I think I've only used mine like twice because the soob rear bearings are so brutally rugged.

GD

This guy?

http://www.etoolcart.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=SU-022&btnSearch=GO&Page=1

There's several online retailers that have them. Designed mostly to be used with an impact but with care can be used with a breaker bar or 1/2" ratchet. Nice to have but I think I've only used mine like twice because the soob rear bearings are so brutally rugged.

GD

that's the one. $30?! yikes. might have to bite the bullet though.

he checked the paper catalog (all the guys that work at the parts counter at this particular dealership are active members of the local subaru club), but was not able to find anything. he said he'd keep looking, but thought I'd ask here first.

Hey Matt, I have one your more then welcome to barrow. I'm not sure what shipping would be, (might be enough to justify buying one). Let me know, tim

I appreciate the offer, Tim! But I would like to have one. I'm a bit worried about these bearings. it's possible that some fresh grease will fix the problem, but I may have to go in in a year or so and put in some new ones.