Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I miss my GL

dont get me wrong... I love the baja.... its had almost 21000 trouble free miles in just a little over 2 years. (ok other than the rear lighter not working and a taillight in the tailgate burning out.... WARRANTY!!)

But driving around 5 days a week around the PNW I see old school wagons rolling around everywhere. There is just a certain charm to an EA82. (even if my freightliner CAN pass them on a steep grade when I am empty)

No I am not going to buy one yet... the house and remodeling bills associated with it come first. But maybe after the fence and central air are in.

I will consider rejoining the old school side :banana:

Thinking maybe this time an 88 GL with a 3 inch lift? :clap:

I cant rallycross anymore as I rarely get sunday off. (I can by request... hell I got today off because I worked my tail off the last 2 weeks) I live in emissions land so it would be nice not to deal with a carb anymore (weber or not)

Feel free to shoot suggestions, encouragement, whatever...

For those who dont know.... the old GL with 321K... RIP :(

950207280_l.jpg

Yeah that thing looks great. I think an 88' lifted wagon would be SWEET. Nothing catches more attention than a station wagon with a foot of clearance sitting on muddies. I'm waiting for the perfect d/r EA82 wagon to lift. You should definitely go for it. There's no maybe to it, someday you'll be part of the old-gen again.