Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks!

j2coe

thanks to cougar, nipper, daeron, mikeshoup, and anyone else who helped with the posts on the poor defenseless XT6 I was trying to save. I posted some pictures so you can see what you helped save. The people I got it from were about to scrap it.

it wouldn't start, it was the wifes car and her husband and brother in law work on hondas:rolleyes:. any way they had more or less demolished the starting/ electrical system. I got a box of half a dozen igniters, a second distributor, a second fusable link box which they had chopped out and spliced in another one. the crank angle sensor distributor had been disasembled and put back together totally wrong, and finally the ECU was fried. lord only knows why it wouldn't start when they started trying to fix it but I think they did much more damage than repair along the way. It's functional again and on it's way back to beautiful subaru.

whoa, I was useful! :banana:

That looks exactly like the first XT I ever rode in; somehow I lucked out and got to go with Mom and Dad when they went for the test drive (in Boone, NC) before the old man bought his '6.. IIRC, the test drive car was an 88, and I *want* to say it was an EA82 XT (of course I didn't know it as such at the time; just that it was the four cylinder instead of the 6) but I may be wrong about that.. I can't recall IF the 6 even came in an 88 model year. I know the test drive car was an 88 tho...

I say "lucked out" because it was one of the very very VERY few things that I got that my two younger brothers didn't while growing up.. My older brothers each received privileges of age in turn, and it seems like when MY turn came around, my little brothers' came at the same time.. (birth years were 72, 74... 80 (me) 83 and 85, so I was sort of the eldest of the youngest and as such got screwed on alot.)

Anyhow, it is GREAT to know that I helped revive an XT6, in whatever way! Congrats, now go find some twisties!!!!!!!!! :burnout: