Ultimate Subaru Message Board

found another EA81 sedan...77000 miles..what to do

Hey guys. On the way to the animal shelter yesterday i spied a 83 GL sedan like mine sitting in a shop parking lot. It didnt have a for sale sign on it but i had to look anyways. 77,000 miles, tan interior, sun roof (probably aftermarket), trunk luggage rack, power windows, power steering, cruise control. Its metalic red. Its an auto which can be looked at as both a blessing and a curse since its got the hydro lifters. As far as rust goes its no worse than my current suby and it has a great finish to it. What should i do. Im thinking of calling them up and finding out what the story is. If they let it go cheap im thinking a bit of work and either i keep it for myself and sell mine (pretty unlikely) or i sell it on this board for a hundred or two more than i paid to make a bit of a profit.

Hey guys. On the way to the animal shelter yesterday i spied a 83 GL sedan like mine sitting in a shop parking lot. It didnt have a for sale sign on it but i had to look anyways. 77,000 miles, tan interior, sun roof (probably aftermarket), trunk luggage rack, power windows, power steering, cruise control. Its metalic red. Its an auto which can be looked at as both a blessing and a curse since its got the hydro lifters. As far as rust goes its no worse than my current suby and it has a great finish to it. What should i do. Im thinking of calling them up and finding out what the story is. If they let it go cheap im thinking a bit of work and either i keep it for myself and sell mine (pretty unlikely) or i sell it on this board for a hundred or two more than i paid to make a bit of a profit.

or you can keep them both and then if something goes wrong, you have a reliable transportation,...and 2 soobies!!!

good find

-Dalton