Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil Cap Question

alot of the time you can simply bend the tabs on the underside of the oil cap down. The key is bending them down enough to tighten the fit without making it too tight to put on.

If you need a new seal, those are more commonly available than you might think.. easy to find one in the junkyard at least.

they have oil caps? I thought they cam from the factory with rags stuck in there so you can wipe the oil dipstick. :grin:

Mine came with an old work sock!

Actually, the cap was there all along, it got dropped down on the, well, I don't have a clue what they are called, the tin shields found on each side beside the rad, it disappeared in the collected crud, only to be rescued later (by myself), and re-installed.

OK so anyone who has an EA82 has probably dealt with a loose oil cap, shown here in a video compliments of Corolla Frenzy. Question, will an oil fill tube from an EJ22 bolt right on to an EA82? I'm going to the J-Yard today and will investigate while there.

Definitely find out. That would be great to have the larger opening.

Of course, I have both in my driveway. Maybe I should just go look. :)

OK. I forgot to check on this the last week-end at the J-Yard. I'm going back this week-end to get a couple of trannies, one for an 84 Tercel, and maybe one for Murph to replace the 5 speed leaky tranny. That will be a bummer as that is the famed Full Time 4 WD with the locking diff., and I doubt I will be able to find one at the yard, but I do have my fingers crossed.